OMG invalid CD key now!!!!!!!!!!!

R

Rhymes

Finally I get on and then im told my CD key is invalid, this is ridiculous. Anyone else having this problem and has anyone had any feedback when they sent email to subscription@goa.com .

S

syran

im one of the unforuntate people to have a 34 digit cd key, ive tried every <a-z> <1-0> on the end, still no joy...

and no reply from subscription@whatever.com

personally id expect em to be doing overtime considering the problems people are having :/

B

Belsameth

they said this yesterday on IRC
there could be 2 digits missing at the end
this is what they offered as a solution

1) guess
2) contact customer support through RightNow

T

Thorarin

Uhm, guess?? That explains the server load then, all those people spamming the servers with an average of 648 guesses ;)

O

old.Hellskor

1. make sure you didn't patch before servers were ready

If you have more than 3 lines in the 'update.dat' you need to repair your installation.
Otherwise you connect to the US Patchers.

2. Use your old DAoC CD-Key !!!

the SI CD-Key is only for activation on the Web-site, not for playing.

think that were the most common mistakes made by about everyone ;)

R

Rhymes

Im trying the SI key on the website but I have only 35 characters apart from the dashes. How many have those people that have managed to activate or are they all irregular lengths.

T

Thorarin

Well, with 35 out of the expected 36 (I think..), you 'only' need 36 tries max. In which case it'll probably be faster than asking customer support, provided the website gets a bit less overloaded ;)

G

Generic Poster

When I registered my SI CD-Key, the account's page said it was invalid. But in the box above, it said: Shrouded Isles | Activated

So I loaded up SI and it worked.

T

Thorarin

Hmm, that's very... interesting :)

Think I'll go activate my account with an invalid key now then, saves me the wait till I actually get shipped the game :cheers:

R

Rhymes

Woohoo!! Im in, thanks to whomever said there were only 36 characters, gave me the incentive to try again.
Worked my way through the alphabet and whooppeee!!

Just gonna bump this for anyone else with this problem.

There should be 36 characters total in your CD key not including the dashes.

Dont be relying on GOA to get back to you quickly. IM stiill waiting but at least I'm in.

See you all in game. No more drudging these forums. :)

Seems easy to get in now though,

G

Gef

My key only had 33 characters in it, I started going through the alphabet and got it on the second try :)

So really mine only had 34 characters, if this helps any..

4 sets of 7 characters and 1 set of 6

E

El_Coolio

I had same prob as Gef..
But gussed my last word on my 6 try heh

O

old.Aldias

Originally posted by Generic Poster

When I registered my SI CD-Key, the account's page said it was invalid. But in the box above, it said: Shrouded Isles | Activated

Got the same prob but i cant log in... invalid passward... and i cant log to account page yet :((

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom