OMG DUELLLLSSS in 1.54E

M

mavericky

From the herald
http://www.camelotherald.com/more/544.php

NEW DUELING SYSTEM

By popular request, there is now a way to fight characters from your own realm - a dueling system, where both parties agree to fight.

To start the duel, select the character you want to fight and type, "/duel challenge". The character responds with "/duel accept" to accept the challenge and fight you. They can also type "/duel decline" to reject the challenge. Once the fight starts, either combatant can type "/duel surrender" to surrender the fight.

All duels are to the death. No constitution or experience is lost on a dueling death, but you still must be resurrected by a friendly healer/cleric/druid, or release. A message is printed to all nearby on victory or surrender notifying bystanders of the outcome of the duel.

Please note the following:

- damage is not "remembered" for the purposes of PVP vs PVE death.

- if either opponent is hit by a monster or a realm opponent, the duel is auto-terminated

- you cannot initiate or accept a duel if you are not at 100% hits or have your combat timer set

- After a duel, if you are low on hits and are killed by a monster or enemy player, you take a "real" PvE death. Be careful where you duel.

T

trigali

SB: Hey, xx, you want to duel ?
xx: Sure, let's do it
SB: OK, I'll stealth and sneak up on you OK ? Act surprised...

Why am I not convinced ??

P

Pixie.Pebr

Ah, the roleplaying possibilities! :D

/em slaps Murcalumis in the face with his glove and drops it on the ground

Let us settle this dispute here and now!

/duel challenge

:clap:

M

Murcalumis

'You enter combat and target [Pixie Boy]

You attempt to use your shout style,'Rar!'
You hit [Pixie Boy] for 7 damage.

[Pixie Boy] spams you with quotes and one-liners!
[Pixie Boy] hits you for 790746 damage.

You attempt to attack [Pixie Boy].
Your arm falls off.

You were killed by [Pixie Boy]. You died fighting for the good of humanity, and lose no experience or constitution.

[Pixie Boy] dances on your grave.'

Bah!

P

Pixie.Pebr

Originally posted by Murcalumis
[Pixie Boy] spams you with quotes and one-liners!
Pah, I would never sink so low!

YAY! I won! :clap:

O

old.job

Sorry don't agree with it one bit.

Gonna cause problems, there's enough kiddie infighting in the game without pratts challenging you to duels and then making chicken noises when you decline.

'I challenged him and that chicked shit was too scared to take on my Hero with his Bard' is gonna be heard everywhere.

I think it's very bad for camaradarie in the realms and it's the first time Mythic have bowed down to the game Quake wannabee's.

It'll end up like the PVP server, the core of the game is inter realm fighting
THIS IS A VERY BAD IDEA MYTHIC!!!!!!!!
It would only be OK if duels were restricted to same class.

S

SFXman

Originally posted by old.job
It would only be OK if duels were restricted to same class.
Eh, must be extremely fun when most just have these über templates and it would be up to equipment then :p
Nah, keep it inter-class please... will be very interesting.
Of course the first week or two will be dueling but like every new thing it eventually dies down.

T

tripitaka

Casters

So hows it gonna work for casters ? ten paces in opposite directions and blast ?

Or a battle of the PBAOE ?

O

old.job

Keeping it same class means that it would be player skill that decides the outcome, including of course the skill used to most effectivley equip your character.
How this plays out in healing classes doesn't work thought, a heavily blade spec Bard is quite clearly going to murder a regrowth/regen one.

How will it work? Can a Bard mezz a player?
You could challenge someone, mezz him and run off, say you'd heard a zerg was on it's way, you'd leave him a sitting duck.
Would the mezz drop as soon as he typed /surrender?

O

old.linnet

I think it's great. Could mez someone and make them stand there and listen while I read them my crap poetry!!

:clap:

Lin

(Actually, might be fun to stage some pet fights to see which ones are better tanks etc.)

S

SFXman

Originally posted by old.job
Keeping it same class means that it would be player skill that decides the outcome, including of course the skill used to most effectivley equip your character.
How this plays out in healing classes doesn't work thought, a heavily blade spec Bard is quite clearly going to murder a regrowth/regen one.
Yeah but the point is that people want to see how their classes will do against other classes of the same realm...
Fighting the same classes only would seriously limit the possibilities imho, no benefits what-so-ever.
You can always only duel people of the same class if you want to and see which player is more skillful, or which has better items.

O

old.job

You're probably right there SFX ,it would be good to see the outcome of various classes, but I do think it's just gonna piss a lot of people off when they keep losing.
Lose a few fights and everyone you meet's gonna mention it, repeatedly!! Ah well maybe that's just the banter of the game.

Love the mezzin bit though (I'm a Bard can you tell)

"Care for a duel fine sir?"

"Why of course, you may have first strike"

"Thankyou"...MEZZZZZZZZZZ.."Oh dear, is that a zerg coming?, Must dash....STRUMMMMM, "Hope you'll be allright old boy"

"Oh dear" ..frantic typing..../surennder-doh!../sorunder-doh../surr...
you are hit for 5000 hitpoints!

S

SFXman

Too bad you can't do that job. The person will just /surrender and then all effects on him by you cancel out and he can run off. :)
First weeks you will have loads duelling, thus boasting or complaning depending on how they do.

B

Belsameth

I doubt it'll be the last of it after the first few weeks.

imagine the possibilities to turn Stonehenge into a championship arena for championships.
prizefighting
bets
everything

can't wait really

O

old.moriath

Hmm it would be extremely difficult for archer classes to duel .

Being that the bow is the primary damage dealer.

What is it ....

Stand with backs together take 10 paces turn and fire heehee

S

SFXman

Of course some classes will unfortunately have some boring or fast duels... but hey, not like it is a bad thing that we get this :)
Everyone will have at least one alt capable of having a nice duel.

Hehe...
Archer1 was just killed by Archer2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom