Oldskool server.. Would you?

Jardar

Fledgling Freddie
Looks like Mythic will be implenting an Oldskool server on the US side.

So.. Just out of curiousity, how many of you will be moving/starting over there, and which class would you play?

Im deffinetely moving/starting fresh.
And im considering Infiltrator or a Nightshade :)

Elendar

One of Freddy's beloved
mmm tricky, love skald, but playing the same thing again would be a bit keke
might be try a caster maybe, or guardbot
not a healer :d
shame they let stealthers on it :/

Jardar

Fledgling Freddie
If the old RA's are implented back again, i might even try a Friar with dodger5.. Also Vampiir look's interesting :flame:

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
it it's true oldskool, no nf or toa/cata (si is allowed) i will, no doubt - will roll alb tank grp with mates i think, or hib maybe, wanna play druid with gp again :(

Septina

Part of the furniture
Same as above, if its PRE ToA/NF with SI i'll roll there without a doubt.
Daoc just before ToA, patch 1.65 was in my opinion the best patch ever in daoc history.
Balance was as close as its ever been and it was soooo much fun :p
Gifv back OF and OF RA's :(
(tho, a few changes on the realm group ra's could be nice, 'HI! Sos, Bof, GP, BAoD' ^^)

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Jardar said:
Looks like Mythic will be implenting an Oldskool server on the US side.

So.. Just out of curiousity, how many of you will be moving/starting over there, and which class would you play?

Im deffinetely moving/starting fresh.
And im considering Infiltrator or a Nightshade :)

If you mean by that No-TOA server, that option lost the poll Mythic made o_O Even though in a ghostpoll no-TOA server had been voted 1st by like 900 vote majority.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds interesting. Any chance you can link to the press release/forum post or whatever where this was announced?

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Wouldnt like having to buy and pay for even another acc :< Would prolly roll a char if they made one, on EU. A savage prolly ;)

majik

Banned
May aswell be added on and zerged on EU servers as pay for another account to be zerged and added on.

Jardar

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry if i seemed unclear.
This is not official really, it has been voted for on the US servers, and there has been lots of discussions on the US forums with people from Mythic and between players. The majority seem to like the idea, and almost all of them who like the idea wants it to happen. Dont know what Mythic will decide though, just hoping the server will come up :)

xRedfieldx

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry to burst your bubble Jardar, but there is not going to be any "oldschool" server.
The server you are talking about will be exactly as it is now but with no toa expansion and a range on buffs from bot classes.

So no old emain, no roll back in patches, just a new up to date server with no toa expansion and ranged buffs.

And i doubt goa will give us this new server either because then theyd have to do 1 for each language and the already low populations of the regular servers would reduce to a diminishing amount.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
No point, ToA was tolerable but shit, NF however was the real fun killer.

Whilst NF is about its not old school enough.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
as kagato said, Toa isnt that much of a problem, saying that though i wouldnt go through it again, its NF that is shit.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
If it didn't involve having to start a new char from scratch then 1.65 server might tempt me. Wouldn't want OF back though, prefer the layout of NF (even if how we use it ain't always good) :p

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
s
if it would be 1.65 without TOA-NF-CATA i would deffo roll something there, even from scratch.

but as it seems its only toa that is getting removed, kinda dead idea tbh

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
Jardar said:
If the old RA's are implented back again, i might even try a Friar with dodger5.. Also Vampiir look's interesting :flame:

I don't think Vampiirs will be able to make on that server tbh.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
i dont see why they couldnt have catacombs on there, with a few alterations to a few items they could get rid of the stat caps and stuff.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
i dont see why they couldnt have catacombs on there, with a few alterations to a few items they could get rid of the stat caps and stuff.

you sure would love vampiir against unbuffed targets :f though maybe that would kill stealther population, which i wouldnt have a problem with... or waRCocKs for that matter.

Cata engine - but locked cata classes would rox

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom