Old Vinyl

R

rynnor

My parents are moving so they wanted me to collect the last of my stuff thats been 'in storage' there for the past decade :)

I had an Uncle who died in 91 and left me a chunk of his record collection - I never went through it at the time and its just languished in a cabinet ever since.

Looking through it today theres some pretty nice stuff - the bulk of its by the rolling stones from their first album into the eighties plus a load of other stuff I've never heard of.

I dont want to keep em as I never listen to vinyl and these things look fragile - whats the best way to sell them?

I could go to a dealer but I'm bound to get completely ripped off - are there any good sites that can give me an idea of their value and is ebay a good option??

All advice welcomed...

E

echo

Get a copy of the Record Collector Rare Record Price Guide '04. It's about £20, so go to a library.

T

Tom

Bring them round to my house, I'll give you a cup of tea and your bus fare home.

Anyway, I just bought a 2nd hand Roksan Xerxes today, with Tabriz tonearm, sounds fucking fantastic. Anyone who fancies owning a Linn Basik (my old turntable) can bid for it tomorrow on Ebay.

:p

D

dysfunction

Originally posted by rynnor
I had an Uncle who died in 91 and left me a chunk of his record collection - I never went through it at the time and its just languished in a cabinet ever since.

Looking through it today theres some pretty nice stuff - the bulk of its by the rolling stones from their first album into the eighties plus a load of other stuff I've never heard of.

Might be worth hanging onto some of those records as they may become extremely valuable

...you could be at a Antiques roadshow with a bloke telling you your collection is worth thousands of pounds

K

kameleon

Originally posted by Tom
Bring them round to my house, I'll give you a cup of tea and your bus fare home.

Anyway, I just bought a 2nd hand turntable today, with a rather nice stylus arm, sounds fucking fantastic. Anyone who fancies owning a Linn Basik (my old turntable) can bid for it tomorrow on Ebay.

:p

fixed ;)

X

xane

MY dad was an avid hi-fi nerd way back in the 50s, he's still got a stack of really old vinyl, actually bakelite, discs, all 10" 78s.

Users who are viewing this thread