Old Graphics card problem

R

Rubber Bullets

Hi,

I've just done a clean install, and put 40.72 drivers on.

Now when I try to access the card settings in display properties I get a Run DLL as an APP error window open.

I know this is really easy to fix, there is a DLL or something to delete, and I have done it before, but I can't remember what it is I should erase.

Any one care to remind me?

I'll be eternally grateful :)

s

T

Testin da Cable

hmm how about OS, servicepack, exact nvidia card type, forgetting to use that nifty app that clears out old drivers, any other relevant info...eh?

R

Rubber Bullets

Hehe sorry TdC,

I was in a hurry, and it is a fairly generic problem as I recall.

I have Win XP Pro, sp1 and am using a GeForce 4400Ti.

I didn't think I'd have to use any apps to remove the old drivers, not after completely formatting my main drive and all (as hinted at in my first post :p ).

I am sure that when these early 40's drivers came out this was a common problem, but with a few slightly different symptoms, but as I say it was very easy to solve, I just can't remember which file it is I have to delete.

s

J

Jonty

Hi schadenfreude

Personally I'd recommend using the latest Detonator FX v44.03 drivers, which are known to be very stable, and may even slightly enhance your card's performance :)

Of course, if you'd rather not, just say and we'll sort out what you describe above.

Kind Regards

R

Rubber Bullets

Thanks Jonty,

I found this page which gave me the solution, the 30.xx - 40.xx fix thingy, which deleted whatever file needed deleting. Strange though as this was a clean install there shouldn't heve been any bit of 30,xx or any other drivers there.

Anyway will think about updating to the new drivers when I get my system back on its feet, and running how I want it.

/me keeps fingers tightly crossed

s

J

Jonty

Well done schadenfreude, I'm glad everything's sorted for you :D

Kind Regards

Jonty

P.S. It may be that Windows or another utility used the 30.xx drivers or equivalent to allow you to use your graphics card whilst the 40.xx drivers were installed. Just a guess, though :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom