Old forums lives again

O

old.Gorthol

Please stop posting your link. There's enough copy-cat boards lurking around to split up the remaining community as it is. - Brinx

I

Ifalna

Oh no, please don't tell me we're moving again. Takes me ages to pack.

O

old.Gorthol

hear let me carry your packs :)
and lets start building the old community back up

D

Damini

You don't have to move. Besides, I've glued down all the furniture.

B

Brannor McThife

....... :(

/em starts to cry.

Reminds me of home.

Nice job. Very nice indeed.

-G

O

old.Gorthol

come all children lets go home....been a nice summercamp out in the green

O

old.tRoG

that looks familiar...

<sigh>

and just as i was getting to like these forums, too

;)

T

Trebz

Originally posted by Gorthol
hear let me carry your packs :)
and lets start building the old community back up

What you're doing is not building the community back up, your just giving it another chance to fracture into smaller groups.

X

Xavier

Until Kemor makes a statement to the effect that these forums are official I would urge you to hold on any moves... the idea of Barrysworld taking over the burden of the forums was in part because Kemor is already involved here, by moving to 'unratified' forums you are at best forming another isolated splinter of the community, just because someone was able to mimic the forum layout and design doesn't mean they are the official GOA forums.

Just because they look like the old forums doesn't mean you'll get anything close to the degree of community on them that you did at the official site, or for that matter here at barrysworld... and it can't hurt to wait and see what kemor has to say, can it?

xav

T

TedTheDog

Just to clarify, the site is not official and it doesnt have permission to use the graphics.
Kemor will be contacting them with regards to the unaknowledged use of copyright material, and the ambiguous stance of the site, but they wont be beaten to a pulp, as I suspect GOA are more than a little shell shocked after the drubbing they've received lately for their actions. Closing a fansite, whether or not its nicked images and is masquerading as an official site, is probably not something GOA wants to go through right now considering the communities hostility towards them.
BarrysWorld will remain listed as we are on the Camelot-Europe site and the "n0rty" site wont be if I get my way (hey, you guys fought for your community and stuck up for your collective rights, I'm going to stick up for mine).

Anyway, hope you enjoy your stay here, however long or short it might be. We try our best, thats all I can offer.

O

old.Zenox

They wouldnt have the capacity to handle all the peeps posting and reading on that "fake" forum either i dont think :)

B

Blue Ix

Arf

It's good looking, feels like beeing back 'home' and you even get to have pics in your signature - yay ;/

O

old.Zenox

Re: Arf

Originally posted by Blue Ix
It's good looking, feels like beeing back 'home' and you even get to have pics in your signature - yay ;/

Nah, i think it feels odd. Something about it isnt right...

Oh and make sure u dont use a password on that forum that u use elsewhere...just a warning :)

F

Flimgoblin

It's all very pretty but I'm stayin here...

not only for the reasons of trust and reliability (I'm sure they're lovely chaps over there... but I don't know them.. :) )
but for that little blue arrow next to each post on here..

The 'Jump to first unread message' is the most useful thing I've ever seen on a BB :) and it's got me hooked.

That and the cows.

:m00: :m00: :m00: :m00: :m00:

Edit:
PS. I hate pics in signatures :) I may have broadband but I still cba downloading it. Avatars I like - they're not massive jpegs :)

O

old.Zenox

Aye...I didnt want to admit my obsession..but seeing as someone else has...

I LOVE COWS!!!!

:m00: :m00: :m00: :m00: :m00: :m00: :m00:

phew.. thank god i got that off my chest:uhoh:

O

old.tRoG

well, i wont be moving :)

for one reason...

:m00: :m00: :m00:

MO0O0O0O0O0O!

:m00: :m00: :m00:

F

Fex

It seems like the BW disease is spreading. Most new threads end up in a spam thread and by golly this one has cows running all over it :m00:

Glad to see people are starting to like it here in good old green land, tis a happy place and full of fluffy people.

(yes i have drank a little too much tonight but ah never mind)

O

old.Zenox

Originally posted by Aph3x
It seems like the BW disease is spreading. Most new threads end up in a spam thread and by golly this one has cows running all over it :m00:

Glad to see people are starting to like it here in good old green land, tis a happy place and full of fluffy people.

(yes i have drank a little too much tonight but ah never mind)

I guess so..
Something is gonna have to be done about this. Nearly as bad as mad cows disease... :/

:m00: :m00:

I

Ifalna

Phew, so I don't have to pack my bags after all.

What is this obsession with cows anyway? :m00: :m00: :m00: :m00: :m00:

O

old.Gorthol

what happend yo the liberty of speech?? arent people allowed to tell other people about an alternativ to barrysworld?
and about the copycat board: **

I dont have anything against barrysworld, but imho people should have the option to move to a board that is very much like the old forum, and if they don't like it, then they will ofcourse stay here. But please dont remove the link:

Trebz : Theres freedom of speech and theres blatant pimping. Please, refrain from posting the URL again, there are many other places to *pimp* your forums, please dont do it on someone elses forums though.

O

old.Keigan

Oh shit... feels like ALOT of people are leaving...

Saw Brannor just posted there... Feels like that is gonna attract a crowd...

C'mon guys we have to agree on ONE forum (like that is gonna happen, but anyway)

C

cleeve

why mimic the old boards?

The design was poor and they were a pain in the arse to use.

Most of the content on there was rant after rant after flame after flame

No offece guys - its a free country and all that - Me I love the barrys forums - by all means move the 'community' again. For me the grass is 'greener' over here and I have me shrub planted nicely

Cheers

Revor

F

Flimgoblin

I have two shrubberies, one slightly higher than the other with a little path running between...

oh hang on ...

no I just like the mooes :)
(Yeah yeah I know I said that but I'll take any opportunity to moo)

:m00: :m00: :m00: :m00: :m00:

O

old.Zenox

I must admin they were a little hard to use :/

I'm too attached (to cows) to move everything there :)

O

old.Hatchet

er... it looks like the old GOA boards... so what? Any script kiddie with some webspace can rip off a site like that :rolleyes: nubz

O

old.Olorin

Originally posted by Keigan
Oh shit... feels like ALOT of people are leaving...

Saw Brannor just posted there... Feels like that is gonna attract a crowd...

C'mon guys we have to agree on ONE forum (like that is gonna happen, but anyway)

that board isnt going to work on a payed domain thing, which it doesnt even look to be. people will only end up pissed off when there bandwidth runs out and then have to wait a while before the start of the next month/quater. also as it has been said, none of the games reps (kemor and zargar (sp)) are involved. admitedly it looks quite nice and has had to good work done to it, but to be honest i never liked the type of boards that goa and these guys are using. it aint gonna work really :rolleyes:

O

old.Gorthol

where is the optimistic feeling?
THE CUP IS HALF FULL!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom