old computer game (or possibly old dream)

Damini

Part of the furniture
Having recenty invested £3.50 in a spectrum emulator and all the games (far too lazy and inept to invest time and energy downloading them) I'm having a jolly old walk down memory lane. Did anyone else ever play Hall Of The Things? This is a game of astounding, yet simplistic, genuis which has thwarted ever since... well, ever since 1983 I suppose. I've never ever met another person outside of my family thats played this game though. I *will* complete this game. I'm slightly thwarted by it being a game of reflexes, navigation and tactics, none of which are attributes I'm blessed with, but I shall persevere. Or work out how to crack the game and get infinate health. Either/or.

Tir Nar Nog... I remember loving this game, but now I play it I'm filled with an overwhelming sense of what the fuck? Why is there a monkey called Sidhe chasing me? What on earth am I meant to be doing? What are the keys? So far I've picked up a scroll, then dropped it and picked up some mud, then dropped that and picked up some sand, and then got lost in some strange bushes before being overwhelmed with a primordial fear at the sight of a lurching primate adversary and fled in circles.

Alien8 is still as good as I remember it.

Now to some games I want to play, but can't remember for the life of me what they were and whether they were spectrum or other.

1) Werewolf game. You have to kill certain people from a certain family in order to lift a curse, and its set in London, near a park, and by the underground. If you're caught killing someone you get put in jail. Was this an american werewolf game, as in the film?

2) A robot game, where you interact with other robots, and when you do there's some puzzle challenge where, erm, something like wires or connections are shown on the screen, and if you win then you get extra guns. Or wires. Or boosters. Or something. I'll admit this is a very hazey memory, but I remember robots and puzzles.

3) A vampire hunting game where all the lady vampires attack you as you wander through a dungeon, and I think you pick up potions to heal yourself, and I seem to recall the front cover of the game had a nerdy looking vampire hunter attacking big tittied vampire ladies.

4) A game played on a board suspended in space where you have to bump spinning wheels off the board, and if you take too long meteors hit the board and you can fall through the holes and die. The beginning had an option to play in monochrome or colours.

5) A game where there was an evil wizard and you had to run around a park collecting ingrediants for spells to fight him with (doppelganger was one spell).

That's it for now. Also, if you have any recomendations for old Speccy favourites for me to try out, that would be great :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Damini said:
Having recenty invested £3.50 in a spectrum emulator and all the games (far too lazy and inept to invest time and energy downloading them) I'm having a jolly old walk down memory lane. Did anyone else ever play Hall Of The Things? This is a game of astounding, yet simplistic, genuis which has thwarted ever since... well, ever since 1983 I suppose. I've never ever met another person outside of my family thats played this game though. I *will* complete this game. I'm slightly thwarted by it being a game of reflexes, navigation and tactics, none of which are attributes I'm blessed with, but I shall persevere. Or work out how to crack the game and get infinate health. Either/or.

Tir Nar Nog... I remember loving this game, but now I play it I'm filled with an overwhelming sense of what the fuck? Why is there a monkey called Sidhe chasing me? What on earth am I meant to be doing? What are the keys? So far I've picked up a scroll, then dropped it and picked up some mud, then dropped that and picked up some sand, and then got lost in some strange bushes before being overwhelmed with a primordial fear at the sight of a lurching primate adversary and fled in circles.

Alien8 is still as good as I remember it.

Now to some games I want to play, but can't remember for the life of me what they were and whether they were spectrum or other.

1) Werewolf game. You have to kill certain people from a certain family in order to lift a curse, and its set in London, near a park, and by the underground. If you're caught killing someone you get put in jail. Was this an american werewolf game, as in the film?

2) A robot game, where you interact with other robots, and when you do there's some puzzle challenge where, erm, something like wires or connections are shown on the screen, and if you win then you get extra guns. Or wires. Or boosters. Or something. I'll admit this is a very hazey memory, but I remember robots and puzzles.

3) A vampire hunting game where all the lady vampires attack you as you wander through a dungeon, and I think you pick up potions to heal yourself, and I seem to recall the front cover of the game had a nerdy looking vampire hunter attacking big tittied vampire ladies.

4) A game played on a board suspended in space where you have to bump spinning wheels off the board, and if you take too long meteors hit the board and you can fall through the holes and die. The beginning had an option to play in monochrome or colours.

5) A game where there was an evil wizard and you had to run around a park collecting ingrediants for spells to fight him with (doppelganger was one spell).

That's it for now. Also, if you have any recomendations for old Speccy favourites for me to try out, that would be great :)

1.) err...
2.) Quazatron.
3.) err...
4.) Motos.
5.) Lords of Chaos ?

/edit: no no 5 was not a chaos game. the wizards were called learic and leanoric... the game name will come to me presently...

Damini

Part of the furniture
Quazatron! That looks to be it! Fantastic. Don't suppose you have any idea what the keys are? :(

And yeah, Feud was definately it. I'll try out Motos in a tic.

You're handy to know, Wijerling :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Damini said:
Quazatron! That looks to be it! Fantastic. Don't suppose you have any idea what the keys are? :(

And yeah, Feud was definately it. I'll try out Motos in a tic.

You're handy to know, Wijerling :)

qaop was always a fave in speccy games.

Alternatively set it to Interface 1 and use 67890.

I'm remarkably handy tbh :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Oh, and if you like Quazatron you MUST try Ranarama.

Very similar game but with a FROG.

A MAGIC FUCKING FROG !

\o/

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Frogging is the new felching!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Damini said:
2) A robot game, where you interact with other robots, and when you do there's some puzzle challenge where, erm, something like wires or connections are shown on the screen, and if you win then you get extra guns. Or wires. Or boosters. Or something. I'll admit this is a very hazey memory, but I remember robots and puzzles

Of course, I had a C64 (infinitely superior to that rubber key crap), and I think you might have been playing Paradroid.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Tom said:
Of course, I had a C64 (infinitely superior to that rubber key crap), and I think you might have been playing Paradroid.

Quazatron > Paradroid :twak:

Fucking pikey.

logic7

Fledgling Freddie
The only Sinclair I've ever owned was the ZX81 (timex-sinclair 1000 here in the States). Great little 2K machine. Mine was eventually fitted with a 64K module that I built from an article in a Sinclair user magazine. Good times with that box.

Aada

Part of the furniture
lords of chaos fucking ruled imo me and 3 mate used to spend litterly days playing that game fucking mint i wish they could make it again for the pc :)

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
Damini said:

*Ahem*

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
paradroid'90 pwns. I still remember the chills I had trying to take down big scary robots :)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Tom said:

I concur.

C64 pwns Spectrum :eek:

babs

Can't get enough of FH
It's not the same game but..
Reminded me so much of spindizzy, which still puts a lot of modern games in terms of being smooth and having great physics.

A great version of Exile was C64s saving grace, but I was Clive Sinclair's bitch through the 80s.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
btw - I FINISHED JSW2 when I was a student :)

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
On this subject I remember a great game I had for my speccy, it was a wizard combat game, really basic graphics, up to 8 players or something, and you could summon monsters (from good to evil including neutral), and the summoning chance was based off the 'alignment' of the area, which came from the spells cast. Anyway I remember my fave spell, gooey blob! Me and my mates used to have a great time playing it, a few years later we had similar fun playing worms.

Anyone know what it's called?

Will

/bin/su
Lords of Chaos, or possibly Lords of Chaos 2, the inferior sequel.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Will said:
Lords of Chaos, or possibly Lords of Chaos 2, the inferior sequel.

Not sure it was that, it was all limited to one screen with stick men, as I said *really* basic graphics.

I just found it, it was called Chaos, I think it was a prequel to Lords of Chaos, really basic but real fun for a group, throughly recommended! A guy has done a java version of it, however I can't get it to work on the work pc, linky here:

http://www.crg.cs.nott.ac.uk/~jcp/law/law.html

Wow, quite a community for it, people are remaking it, and it even has a yahoo group!

More linkies if anyone is bothered:

http://retrospec.sgn.net/games.php?gamelink=22&lastview=full

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Spectrum > C64. Boring people who didn't play Manic Miner bought C64's. Nuff said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom