Old Bill

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I was out on Sunday afternoon with my girlfriend, when we driving along a dual carriageway doing 50 mph (the limit was 50 mph). There was a police van in the left lane, probably doing around 47 mph on my speedo, so i tootled past at about 50 mph on my speedo, no problem I thought.

Once I was about 8 or 10 car lengths in front, I accelerated a little to about 55/60 mph, but approaching my exit. The two lanes were joined by a third left lane, an "on and off" lane, so I moved from the left lane into the "on and off lane", doing around 50 mph. Suddenly a black focus that was originally in front of me, cut infront of the car to my right (in the left lane) forcing him to brake suddenly and then cut infront of me suddenly slowing down without indicating. Both myself and my missus said "wooooooahhhhh what the fuuuuuuuck" at the same time.

I consider myself a safe driver, being a pistonhead, so I let it slide and gave him the room simply writing him off as a wanker. The speed was down to 30 mph and we tootled around some urban roads heading where we were going when the single lane road opened up to have a "turning right filter lane" which takes you into a shopping centre and a police station.

As I approached this lane, I moved to the right when suddenly the black focus infront of me cut me up into the filter lane without indicating, forcing me to brake hard to which I said "what the fuuuuuuuuuuck, that's twice he's done that". I decided that if he was stopping where I was, I was going to make a comment like "indicate mate" or "twice you cut me up without care or attention".

Anyway, into the junction, the black focus swerves into the middle of the road, and a very irate policeman gets out (unmarked car obviously).

He was pretty angry and said "WHAT SPEED DID YOU DO DOWN THAT DUAL CARRIAGE WAY? ABOUT 65 YEAH?" I said "errrrrrr, probably about 60 at one point?" ... "WELL IT'S FIFTY, THAT'S THREE POINTS AND SIXTY QUID NEXT TIME, ALRIGHT?" and stormed back into his car.

What a fucking tosser. Before I go any further, I admit I was speeding, so he's entitled to book me. But:

1) why didn't he stop me in the first place?

2) why did he cut me up like a complete twat without indicating, and also cut up another driver to squeeze infront of me?

3) why did he caution me when he thought I was doing 65?

and for future:

1) Is he entitled to do that?

2) Can I remain silent?

3) Can they book you on "suspecting" you were going a speed without actual evidence?

I just said "ok sorry" and that was that because i didn't want a scene infront of my girlfriend. But I was outraged, he was driving dangerously and performing dangerous moves in an unmarked car and not indicating in otherwise "normal" driving situations. I wanted to ask him what the fuck he was doing driving like a twat and cutting me up, and why the fuck didn't he just stop me and book me; and also what evidence he had to be able to stop me.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
1) Is he entitled to do that? No

2) Can I remain silent? Yes

3) Can they book you on "suspecting" you were going a speed without actual evidence? No

He couldn't do you because he was on his own in the car and probably had no video gear on board. He was being a twat for not indicating, but what are going to do? Classic abuse of power tbh. He probably realised he's fucked up by not indicating, got a bit angry, and took it out on you. Because he could.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
It is most likely he was doing something important, and needed a view of a car on the road, hence cutting you up to keep his line of sight.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
It is most likely he was doing something important, and needed a view of a car on the road, hence cutting you up to keep his line of sight.
I think it's more likely he was just driving like a ****.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
G, behaviour like that deserves to be reported.

I would go to the local nick, 'black Focus' at a particular date and time will be more than enough to identify him. Make an official complaint (it has to be investigated).

Behaviour like that from a police officer should not be tolerated. And you may have been breaking the limit, but at least you were driving safely - the same cannot be said of this officer.

Seriously - report it.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
"Mummy, someone shouted me!!!"

You should rephrase. I suggest:

"Mummy, a policeman drove like a **** almost causing a serious accident, and then had the temerity to shout at me, helping to undermine the authority of his collegues and the good name of his employer"

Chilly

Balls of steel
I wouldnt complain about him if I were you. You were speeding and he was being a ****, both with no evidence. Let it lie.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
He wasn't a traffic cop. I think he was a uniformed cop in a joe average car.

My brother-in-law has said in the past (being a policeman), that they aren't supposed to do things like that, they're supposed to radio it in that a car with reggy plate 'whatever' was suspected speeding and then they can check it out or whatever.

bob269

Fledgling Freddie

Rather naive and making yourself look a ****.

I doubt theres any point reporting it as you'd probably come worse off, it's fucked up but thats the way it is.

Nate

FH is my second home
I guess it's another slant to take on the over-the-limit type of drivers we have nowadays. Does it make you think twice about speeding? Did it work better then points and a fine would have? Although if this becomes the norm, you can easily just brace yourself for a ear bashing if another copper does the same. He shouldn't have done that, he could get in to some serious trouble with his chief if it was reported.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I doubt he was allowed to do it, but you are not meant to speed either yet you did so I would let it lie. 1-1 its a draw.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom