Ok Sorcs not OP no?

Tizu

Fledgling Freddie
In the previous days i've been RvR'ing and to round it all up its been pretty boring. I love my thane even tho mythic need to wake up and adjust it abit.
But im starting to feel whats the point playing a Tank anymore?....

Ok im not gonna give every situation ive been in with sorc's, but this is a total joke. Please look closely :)

5 MIDS are leaving Bledmeer Keep im resting for pow. I see One Cabalist and One Sorcerer. I watched the Sorc mezz all of them.... none of the 5 mids got a chance to do anything....Mid stealthers pop and attack sorc/caba the sorc runs away turns and nukes the stealther dead in 3-4 nukes.... then assists with other stealther on caba... during this time mids are still mezzed... when i mean its debuff 2 nukes from sorc/caba each per target dead.

Same goes for Fire Wizards... I was running towards one i use insta dd to interupt... fine he QC's a bolt hit for 400 dmg not bad fair dmg... he then keeps nuking me for 170-220 im happy with that due to has range advantage.... then i get hit for 900+... what is the point? lol.... I still didnt reach the wizard..

To sum up what im trying to say is.. if you play a tank you dont stand a chance beating a caster due to the simple fact the range plus the magic dmg is gone over the top now.

I dont want no Alb/Hib saying "its fair" when its not.. i watched my friend Thrung on his RM nuke albs for 300ish even with bolt.. and hes SC'd/toa'd out.
Yes SM's are tough..not OP.. if you think they are Sorcs need nerfing within the next 24 hours.. i shall state again. AE Bolt Range Mezz,Speed,Charm,Life Drain spell (Caster-able).

This is not a whine im just speaking my mind. its not right that 2 Albs can kill 5 mids nor the other way round.

We have had to suffer with the 9 second stun Hib casters get... and Tbh that has gone over the top aswell.. and a pet that heals it master too?.. hmm.. seems worse than a BD imo. 9 second stun pbae pbae kills any BD.

Anyways im going OT here hehe.. Mythic really need to sort this problem out :( otherwise there wont be any point making a tank class anymore..

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Tizu said:
In the previous days i've been RvR'ing and to round it all up its been pretty boring. I love my thane even tho mythic need to wake up and adjust it abit.

Ok im not gonna give every situation ive been in with sorc's, but this is a total joke. Please look closely :)

5 MIDS are leaving Bledmeer Keep im resting for pow. I see One Cabalist and One Sorcerer. I watched the Sorc mezz all of them.... none of the 5 mids got a chance to do anything....Mid stealthers pop and attack sorc/caba the sorc runs away turns and nukes the stealther dead in 3-4 nukes.... then assists with other stealther on caba... during this time mids are still mezzed... when i mean its debuff 2 nukes from sorc/caba each per target dead.

Sorc mezz them all....no one had purge? no healer to purge>insta stun/mezz?

After cabalist debuff i find it extremely hard to believe everyone was killed with 2 nukes unless they were all unbuffed and a few lucky crits were involved. Guess what, as the sorc and caba were killing stealthers no one purged? no one thought, hey hold on, if we purge we might not die.

Same things can happen with a runie+healer or bard+chanter, if no one uses purge and your stood there mezzed your gonna die.

Tizu said:
Same goes for Fire Wizards... I was running towards one i use insta dd to interupt... fine he QC's a bolt hit for 400 dmg not bad fair dmg... he then keeps nuking me for 170-220 im happy with that due to has range advantage.... then i get hit for 900+... what is the point? lol.... I still didnt reach the wizard..

Arm your shield instead of 2h wep and when u run at a wizzie engage, you will block bolts. As for the 900, you might have been fire debuffed.

Tizu said:
To sum up what im trying to say is.. if you play a tank you dont stand a chance beating a caster due to the simple fact the range plus the magic dmg is gone over the top now.

I dont want no Alb/Hib saying "its fair" when its not.. i watched my friend Thrung on his RM nuke albs for 300ish even with bolt.. and hes SC'd/toa'd out.
Yes SM's are tough..not OP.. if you think they are Sorcs need nerfing within the next 24 hours.. i shall state again. AE Bolt Range Mezz,Speed,Charm,Life Drain spell (Caster-able).

Yeah atm tanks have it hard and casting speeds/damage are too much, agree 100% but runies can hit just as hard as cabbies if they are RC specced and can nuke as hard as wizzies if Darkness specced., while runies don't have "quite" the dps of wizzies they have much greater utility.

SM are overpowered, most people acknowledge that but then again so is the sorc and healer, sorcerers have great utility no doubt, but then again so do healers.

Tizu said:
This is not a whine im just speaking my mind. its not right that 2 Albs can kill 5 mids nor the other way round.

If they stand there and either don't invest in purge or don't use it if they have it then tbh they only have themselves to blame.

Tizu said:
We have had to suffer with the 9 second stun Hib casters get... and Tbh that has gone over the top aswell.. and a pet that heals it master too?.. hmm.. seems worse than a BD imo. 9 second stun pbae pbae kills any BD.

Anyways im going OT here hehe.. Mythic really need to sort this problem out :( otherwise there wont be any point making a tank class anymore..

And we have to deal with multiple healers in each group, with crazy amounts of insta's, FZ, PS, as well as SM/BD and runies certainly aren't a poor class.

Grass might always seem greener my friend but i can assure you thats not always the case.

tookha

Fledgling Freddie
Edamos, are you trying to say that sorcs are not overpowered?

If so, go fuck yourself and get a clue.

Sorcs are overpowered compared to many other classes, but very like many other classes aswell.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
tookha said:
Edamos, are you trying to say that sorcs are not overpowered?

If so, go fuck yourself and get a clue.

Sorcs are overpowered compared to many other classes, but very like many other classes aswell.

Edaemos said:
SM are overpowered, most people acknowledge that but then again so is the sorc and healer, sorcerers have great utility no doubt, but then again so do healers.

Tell your mum to invest in your education instead of crack cocaine

tookha

Fledgling Freddie
Ow, maybe I should read all you write instead of assuming it's the same old crap :eek:

Trylle^nzi

Fledgling Freddie
Tizu said:
9 second stun pbae pbae kills any BD.
Because Mids AE castable AND instant stun + pbae/darkness LT nukes isn't overpowered at all.

I understand.

:eek7:

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
I think if a sorc was split into two serparate classes it'd be fine.

I don't really think it's fair that one class can get a lifedrain on baseline and have brilliant CC. And that's not even thinking about the range of it. :)

Simply don't think that a class capable of doing that much damage and moving at speed should get a mez that long and that much range.
Before you think "Hang on ..a Dark SM gets all that...." you should recall that a Dark SM loses out there by having to spec in Darkness to get mez AND fastcast nuke - whereas a sorcerer simply specs to get mez (and its uber btw when you take into account SM mez is on a crap timer, around half the time of the sorcerer mez), thus we have no choice about speccing. To be honest SMs would prefer baseline lifedrain so they can spec more interestingly.

Also remember, Healers can't get QC and their insta-mez is low level (is resisted often), low radius, low range, very short time, and on a ten minute timer vs 30 second reset of QuickCast.

tookha

Fledgling Freddie
Better Brehons with the slightest clue than Lion Knights forever clueless, don't you think?

Mithryn

Fledgling Freddie
Edaemos said:
I agree with you that healers have great utility, but that dont exactly make them overpowered. The difference is that when a sorc and a healer approach the same 5 people, they can both mezz them all, but only the sorc can kill them all afterwards, and thats what making the sorc overpowered, not the healer.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Sorcs abit OTT for utility etc, but I surgest you buy purge 1 at the very least :eek6:

Elahim

Fledgling Freddie
Tizu said:

Sounds like Rush and Sculp was at it again!

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Mithryn said:
I agree with you that healers have great utility, but that dont exactly make them overpowered. The difference is that when a sorc and a healer approach the same 5 people, they can both mezz them all, but only the sorc can kill them all afterwards, and thats what making the sorc overpowered, not the healer.

Yeah a sorc can kill after its mezzed but a sorc doesn't bring FZ/PS/Chain armor'd CC class with around 2k hp, single target insta stun/mezz, aoe insta stun/mezz, castale single mezz, castable single stun, castable aoe stun, single target castable root, group insta heal, single insta heal to a group. These things are what makes a healer overpowered, just because they don't kill doesn't mean they aren't overpowered :)

jakob

Fledgling Freddie
Edaemos said:
Yeah a sorc can kill after its mezzed but a sorc doesn't bring FZ/PS/Chain armor'd CC class with around 2k hp, single target insta stun/mezz, aoe insta stun/mezz, castale single mezz, castable single stun, castable aoe stun, single target castable root, group insta heal, single insta heal to a group. These things are what makes a healer overpowered, just because they don't kill doesn't mean they aren't overpowered :)

The problem here is that you class the SM as overpowered before the sorc. The sorc is the better class of the 2, although sm aint far behind.

Oh, and the FZ nerf will help quite a bit on the situation with utility on healers, don't you think?

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
jakob said:
The problem here is that you class the SM as overpowered before the sorc. The sorc is the better class of the 2, although sm aint far behind.

Oh, and the FZ nerf will help quite a bit on the situation with utility on healers, don't you think?

I don't class the sm as overpowered before the sorc at all, i consider the healer/sorc ahead of the sm, although like you said it isnt far behind, if your taking that from my post you will see that im pointing out the sm is overpowered >>as<< is the sorc+healer.

FZ will help a little but not a great deal.

Cyviel

Fledgling Freddie
har har u whine about a debuff combo? lol... get some Purge you nancy boys.

seeph

Fledgling Freddie
Oo calling the healer OP now thats new

lets see i insta mezz an alb, i dont know what to do next cause im solo (Run is only option) but hell shall i hit him with my hammer ?? nah dumb move.

gee mezz is almost off what to do ? lets stun him, ok 9 sec more time to do nothing. Lets mezz again, mmm imunitytimer, damn erhm lets run.

/face mezz again ... mm still nothing to do what cann kill him.. nice

oh gee theres a RM great he can help

Stun aplied to alb, RM nukes him down and kills him, yeay alb is dead.

ow wait NO RP, gees shit i did not do damage to him so no rp, damn.

btw why u think any group needs atleast 2 and preferably 3 healers??

because 1 sorc can hit harder then any healers can heal.

not gonna complain about sorcs and OP because any realm has its OP casters.

SM is a bitch to kill when brittled etc etc. can't speak for hibbies as only char i have is a 32 BM wich i levelled a few weeks after we got /lvl 20

Gibbo

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe the 5 people in your story should invest in purge. Purge = dead sorcerer

Stinkies

Fledgling Freddie
Lol, lets make a story about a bard and a chanter duo'ing and finding 5 noob Mids without purge...
Oh wait, lets make a story about a healer and SM duoing and finding 5 noob Albs without purge...
Oh boy, lets guess the outcome.
Topicstarter is so retarded, it is scary he can even type.

Rage

Fledgling Freddie
Greetings

My guess is that none used purge since they would w8 and nuke the first one who purged and then take them in order after that, so why waste the purge when you can just release and port back ;-).

with regards
Rage

Soromaar

Fledgling Freddie
healers are kinda OP imo..i play1
but so is sorcs imo
but why whine about sorcs lifetap..sms got it too

Jess

Loyal Freddie
Soromaar said:
healers are kinda OP imo..i play1
but so is sorcs imo
but why whine about sorcs lifetap..sms got it too

If they choose to use 1.127 spec points to get it yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom