OK, so my Cleric, what to do?

O

old.Ashgen

I have been scanning the message boards, taking to people in game, and the feeling is:

Clerics are now intended to be buff/heal bots!

Only smite at 50 is worth the effort, but as my Cleric is an alt, with lvl 50 very doubtful, I have decided to respec.

The question is however, to what?

He is level 40.5, so can someone who has been through this crap tell me what to spec Rejuv and Enhance to for a lvl 40?

Also, what are the MAX values I should raise then too?

Finally, I was once told to get smite to 4 or 7 ... why?

Thanks for the input (assuming I get any of course).

Ash

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Just after you feel your cleric is useless...
Mythic will improve rvr a lot for rejuv specced clerics, with rp's awarded for rezzes. The better the rez, the more rp's.
So if you do not feel like being a buffbot, go for rejuv.
I will let the real clerics tell you how to spec :)
Regards, Glotts

O

old.Ramas

At 50 a very popular spec for rejuv/enh is 41r 35e

This gives you...

Around +100 odd in str/con/dex buffs.

8% spirit/energy resist spells.

16% body resist

Top of the line 100% rez.

2nd highest greater heal (biggest fastest conventional heal), which is fairly useful in RvR - and will heal a target for about 700 HP in 2.0 sec.

2nd highest group heal - whic will heal for 280ish without LoS.

Don't take enhance much above 35 - as the effect of higher conc costs will mean you'll get little benefit.

The benefits of higher rejuv than 41 are also not great.

Your instas would move up from 80% to 100%, but waiting till 1% HP to cast them is rather risky - so you won't get maximum benefit.

You'll get a new big group heal at 46, which is fairly nice, but is costing a lot of spec points.

Then there is nothing till 50, and the very biggest greater heal, which takes over 30% of your mana to cast, and so is probably a little OTT.

Eventually when we get patch 1.56, spec 48 will (assuming it goes live) grant the best 'spread heal' - but it's entirely unclear what that will do or how effective it will be.

O

old.Ramas

On the subject of smite...

Some people suggest a very low smite spec for the lowest damage pbaoedd and pbaoemez.

tbh, it's only useful for caster interrupts and stealther detection.

3 second (before resists) mez, 10 damage pbaoedd, hmmm.

O

old.Ramas

...but at level 40 I'd probably go something like

35 rej
19 enh

or

33 rej
22 enh

W

-Wedge-

I expect that the added heal spell will grant clerics a respec... But if Spread heal is any good, it might be worth going to 48 for...

I'm leveling a cleric as an alt (might become main, but not at 11 ;))... Hope he's high enough at 1.56 to enjoy that patch...

J

Jiggs

i prefer the awake and BoF healing 40+reju spec cleric to the /afk 50enhance one staring into space at the pk

H

Hit ^_^

the smite9 (if you go reju35/40 enha35/40)=9smite.
is for getting pbae smite and mezz. wich is good for reweling stelthers and stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom