ok my friends questions?

chrispy

It's my birthday today!
ok just wondered we all the new add ons is a pala spec chants 48/shield 42 slash 39 n parry 15 is still said to be an ok spec?

wat is best end spec for a iconnu reaver,briton infi any help would be great from you guys:)
thanks in advance :)
:england:

Arethir

Fledgling Freddie
Still think 50 shield, 48 chants, 29 slash, 13 parry is the best one out there. On any kind of paladin.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Arethir said:
Still think 50 shield, 48 chants, 29 slash, 13 parry is the best one out there. On any kind of paladin.
Listen to this guy! :worthy:

uspe

Fledgling Freddie
suppose to be still the best.
but as game changes and ppl in game say this doesnt matter and that doesnt work anymore and etc. maybe its not the best. cant say

anyway imo i think its better to check it. try that spec if not working well change it. if not again good change again etc.

on my merc i havent stop changing my spec and template when he dinged 2 and something years ago lvl 50 and i wont stop till he reaches at least rr12221321312312213 :D

good luck with your pally.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
thats an ok spec... but i would like to remind you that pallys weaponskill is crap even at spec 50... so tbh go higher shield then rest in parry... unless you want a strong str buff(better than cleric with 26%BB) then 50chant/49shield/29slash/left overs in parry

Mufasa

Fledgling Freddie
Went 50shield,46chants,29slash,19parry on my pala for rvr and works very nicely though thats mainly been solo :) (just my 2 cents worth)

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Personally for RvR I'd go 2h and get the last celerity chant, S/S is overrated for RvR unless you are main BG'er all the time then ofc S/S would be better.
All depends on what groups you run in and what they want you do do.
For PvE ofc the S/S spec would be better also, doesn't take away though that a pally with celerity and haste and 2h spec can do some extreme damage in a very short time which is quite scary although I only faced them in freeshards.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
Andrilyn said:
Personally for RvR I'd go 2h

tbh thats not rocket science

im not sure if you meen guard/bodyguard as bodyguard meens that the bg'r must die before the recipient... but even then you dont need shield spec to do this

there are very few situations where guard is usefull in RvR, cause it has a range... and a melee'rs job is to interupt, namely the healer, who tend to be at the back of the group, wearas the guarded is quite a far distance away, also guard only works for melee attacks, so the only real reason for guard would to be block for the healers but then you would be at a disadvantage... cause you lack an interurpt on the healer
but depending on group, just substitude healer for caster

afaik protect/interupt doesn't have any effect in rvr, so niether effects matter

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
psyco said:
tbh thats not rocket science
Excuse him for posting his thoughts about the subject :rolleyes:
And I'd go s/s in rvr, as 2h looks retarded :<

Coriolanus

Fledgling Freddie
If its pure PvE and you go in groups, which is what the pally is always about, you tend to get spec AF buff, which saves twisting the 48 chant. You will also find the greatest aggro control is not from twist healing, but actually hitting the mobs. If you get PBAOE proc armour and a PBAOE weapon then this is done near automatically and the need for 45 chants is lessened.

Hence get yourself a group and PBAOE proc armour and you only need 42 chants, which gives back enough points to get 50 shield and a decent parry.

If you really want to be risque, go 32 chants, which gives penultimate endurance regen as well as rez. What you lose in chants you gain in parry and slash.

Some pally specs are crippled without full autotraining (slash & chants), so autotrain both I think.

The main skill of a pally, after blocking hordes of mobs is gathering aggro, and that does require the right equipment. Epic armour and arties may cap your stats, but they are not as effective as PBAOE reactives.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Coriolanus said:
You will also find the greatest aggro control is not from twist healing, but actually hitting the mobs.

That is mainly true for lower level mobs (up to low purples probably). With very high level ones, where you're not hitting for much, you get most aggro from twisting heal. Also when dealing with large numbers of mobs, twisting heal gets aggro from all of them, hitting only affects one at a time.

Both are important, though.

Darzil

Coriolanus

Fledgling Freddie
Darzil said:
That is mainly true for lower level mobs (up to low purples probably). With very high level ones, where you're not hitting for much, you get most aggro from twisting heal. Also when dealing with large numbers of mobs, twisting heal gets aggro from all of them, hitting only affects one at a time.

Both are important, though.

Darzil

Thats why you have PBAOE, you hit everything.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Straef said:
Highlanders for the win ;(

thrust saracens <3

And only go with 2h if you got the Apocalypse. Then everyone will fear you...

Deerstalker

Fledgling Freddie
chrispy said:
ok just wondered we all the new add ons is a pala spec chants 48/shield 42 slash 39 n parry 15 is still said to be an ok spec?

wat is best end spec for a iconnu reaver,briton infi any help would be great from you guys:)
thanks in advance :)

The pally question has been answered..

For a reaver, I really like 50 Flex , 50 Soul , 27 shield 10 parry (Snakecharmers ) , I've tried Slam reaver and found that I needed healing a lot more, snakecharmers doesnt proc for as much, the insta lifedrains dont return as much etc.

PVE: Wait for a parry off the third style run through and levi,
RVR: Most attackers will run away from you , dot , LT, LT, rear positional shield stun , Levi levi levi . :) vs Multiple attackers, don't forget Python and the aoe str debuff , although I don't rvr the reaver much it's more a pve char.

Deer.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
psyco said:
im not sure if you meen guard/bodyguard as bodyguard meens that the bg'r must die before the recipient... but even then you dont need shield spec to do this

Yes but if you are main BG'er you can stay alive longer with S/S than with 2h, slam and alot more defence (high shield spec) so if you are BG'ing 24/7 it's pointless to go 2h.

psyco said:
there are very few situations where guard is usefull in RvR

Then I advice you to try guarding a caster from every pet (as BG needs some time to kick in unlike guard) and guarding your suppot/casters from leeching archers mid fight, works wonders with high shield spec, atleast from when I played my Saracen reaver I blocked nearly every single pet hit or arrow against the casters in my group.

psyco said:
cause it has a range... and a melee'rs job is to interupt, namely the healer, who tend to be at the back of the group, wearas the guarded is quite a far distance away, also guard only works for melee attacks, so the only real reason for guard would to be block for the healers but then you would be at a disadvantage... cause you lack an interurpt on the healer
but depending on group, just substitude healer for caster

Well like I said it depends on your setup but if you are main BG'er then you will not have much time to interrupt against a group with 2-3 tanks as your running most of the time to try and guard + BG a person in your group from their train, also don't underestimate the power of guard against pets/arrows.

psyco said:
afaik protect/interupt doesn't have any effect in rvr, so niether effects matter

Protect does work in RvR and anyone ever played a healing class knows this, if a person sets his pet on "defensive" or "aggresive" healing will generate aggro and thus the pet will go for the healer eventhough for instance a BL tank "pulled" the pet with BLs but with protect on the aggro you generate through healing is alot less thus it's less likely your healers get aggro from a pet through healing and I think we can all agree that it's much better to have a pet on a BL tank than on one of your healers.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
the 2nd spec for a reaver is 50 flex/42 shield/36 SR/rest parry(12-15iirc)

i have seen deerstalker pull, this spec is good for him... but then again ive seen other more conventional reavers pull with pritty much the same result

andrilyn, i agree... there are use's, i wasn't disputing there wasn't...

chrispy

It's my birthday today!
any help on an infi end spec got a saracen infi just need an end spec to work from if any help seen a few specs but cs n env is a must but im a thrust infi atm but can change also need to know the stealth too if any help plz guys all info is helpfull :):):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom