ok bored of ps

D

deygos

asheron's call 2

verdict pls from anyone who's actually played it

seems to be getting stronger as they adding stuff but...is it any good?

B

Belsameth

Ì like it a lot
looks good, nice quests, deeper skill system then apears at fist glance, and very easy to get into...

download the free trial and find out for yourself I'd say

B

Brannor McThife

AC2 is great, till you get to level 48. There is no end-game. So at level 50 you can try scrounge around for the rare KvK (PvP) fight where you find that most of the skills you use against Mobs, are useless. That and the never ending search for Teh Uber Weeepon/armur.

There is a lot of content till into your 30s. And if you want to do the quests, and learn the content/continents, then, for the love of all that is good, DO NOT DO BOUND FETICH INCURSIONS. :rolleyes:

If you have a machine that can handle it, the graphics are really, REALLY nice in comparison to DAoC. Nice shadows, lighting, living things show damage as the take it. The crafting system is interesting to say the least. The economy seems to have fallen apart since the last patch with the increased drop % of the rarest items.

Word has it the next patch is this coming weekend, and there are MAJOR changes happening. One is like...um...taking the Paladin's heal-chant away in DAoC. :puke: You really should read the official (censored) forums. A good laugh. Imagine Mythic, FORCING you to respec each patch, and giving out free respecs to ALL classes on top of that... Remember the unlimited respec bug a while back? Well, for 1 hour after they login, the Forced respec classes can respec as many times as they like... :rolleyes:

Anyway, the game is good fun at lower levels, and if you do go for the free trial, try out a whole bunch of classes < level 20. Not all races can be all classes...they're really different.

-G

N

nicky-nook

just ok imo..As is Neocron..imo..

Not bad games but not worth the money in the end..

Shadowbane is better than them both but has many issues..imo..

Regards Nicky.

S

Sortbane

Dunno abot AC2, but I've been talking to some of my old AO (Anarchy Online) buddies and it seems like that game really have straightened up and become more than a decent game with the last exp. packs considered..

Cant be any harm done in downloading the free trial and check it out..

O

old.Glendower

One of you AC2 guys happen to have the free trial link handy? :)

B

Belsameth

Glendower: look on Fileplanet.

Sortbane: oh, and I played AO for a bit a while ago too, and it indeed has become better (except for the camera warp in the subway type random dungeons (ARGH!!!) haven't played too long tho, so can't give any in depth comments about the changes...

Brannor: I agree, they're still messing a lot with the classes, but I highly suspect that will slow down a bit after the next, maybe next 2 patches...balancing is always hard especially with so many different skill/class combinations...

T

The Kingpin

Ok, respecs is where they mise well call it a MMOPFG..

Massive mutiplayer Online Plat-Form Game.
Giveing lots of respec is stupid,

You're ment to build you're class up as you level,
Say to a great Swordmans, you spend a whole life time, training ect,

Oh, am bored, i'll go respec to a bowman :rolleyes:

I don't care if they gimp some abilities, you level up to train in you're skills, getting experience, by the time you are the master level, you will be a expert in what you trained to be..

Then come respec's to just change a person into something else, whats the bloody point in leveling up to find out what you're skills do, when you can just respec to try anything.

Boring.

C

-chancer-

is AC2 still avible for download trial ? or has it finished beta now?

Users who are viewing this thread