Oh great a patch..

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
Anyone know the eta of when the servers are back? I can't access the WoW site, it must be getting hit pretty damned hard...

Aada

Part of the furniture
Yep its all the yanks complaining about being WTFPWND when the servers went down.. the posts are quite funny to read actually..

Talyn

Can't get enough of FH
Aada said:
Yep its all the yanks complaining about being WTFPWND when the servers went down.. the posts are quite funny to read actually..

heh! it happened to me. Just as I pulled, I saw the message on World Chat saying "Server Down in 30", and halfway through the fight, it all locked up, and kicked me off...

Ah well, it is the beta after all... if I was paying for it, then I'd be annoyed!!

Cheers for the info Aada...

Any news on eta yet folks?

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
The patcher actually uses BitTorrent to download, so if you are getting slow rates its your own fault. Bad firewall settings etc...

Lian

Fledgling Freddie
If this patch stas in as it is there's no way I'll end up playing WoW. The death penalty system positively encourages griefing, corpse camping and lowbie killing. 10% durability penalty on every death where you get your corpse back, 100% when you rez at spirithealer. It's the end of PvP unless PvP kills start dropping cash like they do in DAoC PvP. At the moment it's all risk and no reward, and without the implementation of any kind of honour system it's grief city.

Similarly having reagents to buff people? Are they completely out of their minds? Back to people having to pay for buffs like in some of the earlier MMORPGs.

Similarly the rez sickness seems a bit excessive...

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
I'm loving this game so far, reminds me of UO lots. If you died in that you lost everything you had on you! Then your moaning about 10% durability and rez sickness? You need some kind of penalty for death otherwise people just wildly fling themselves into battle with little or no forethought.

Lian

Fledgling Freddie
I don't mind it in PvE, PvP is silly without an adequate reward system. IIRC in UO if you killed someone you could loot them right?

Anyway 30 minute res sick at lvl60 if you get ressed is already enough of a game killer.

Ormor

Fledgling Freddie
I got the patch fairly quick :> (Servers were down so i went to bed though.. )

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Bah, just tried connecting to the EU server with the US open beta client but it won't work :(
I get an incorrect game version error....

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
Cyradix said:
Bah, just tried connecting to the EU server with the US open beta client but it won't work :(
I get an incorrect game version error....

Can I say duh if you downloaded the new patched version of the US. Cause EU ain't patched yet.

Ebonn

Loyal Freddie
Khale said:
Can I say duh if you downloaded the new patched version of the US. Cause EU ain't patched yet.

Is now (or was)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom