oh ffs :/

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
play X2 all day. save a couple times. screw up, decide to load a save. discover there are no saves. reason: must install game as administrator, play game as regular user means no saves in [drive]:\Program Files\EGOSOFT. FFS :eek:

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Oooops. I feel your pain :)

*feel*

TdC

aye, I felt nasty for a few minutes heh. nasty like using tasers on chinchillas nasty. or petrol on puppies nasty :eek:

Cyfr

Banned
X2 = FFX2?

Well.. I had crap like this on FF8, ended up getting to 3rd disk about 5 times... then I got bored :(

TdC

no, X2 = X2-The Threat. A space sim game by egosoft.

Cyfr

Banned
Space stuff dosnt appeal to me for some reason.. apart from starwars, but thats not really space, just a different planet :D

TdC

ooh, time to add you to the quote machine.

also...I'm quite mad at egosoft atm. how dare they default to the administrator user! it's the companies who deliver software who should force users to act in a secure fashion, not the foolish "ooh lets run everything as admin cos that's the easiest and the users will never know!!!12" route :(

Cyfr

Banned
Whats there to quote? What have I said now? :(

Does 'Space stuff' really mean something dirty in yours and Wij's made up dictionary? :(

TdC

nah, I'm only pulling your leg (really your leg, not some other apendage). it's just that your comment on StarWars struck me as funny. I happen to like SW though, and was a huge fan until Lucas made Ewoks.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
TdC said:
nah, I'm only pulling your leg (really your leg, not some other apendage). it's just that your comment on StarWars struck me as funny. I happen to like SW though, and was a huge fan until Lucas made Ewoks.

The 3-foot muffs :eek:

Cyfr

Banned
*swiiiing* *swwwiiing*

I still however don't know the difference between star wars and star trek :(

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well you should, cos you look a bit like Mr Spock tbh.

TdC

yes, ewoks are evil. they must be done away with, along with dogs and mosquitos. if I were king I'd force old George to admit his error and repent.

TdC

Akira Kurosawa would kick George Lucas' arse six ways from sunday!

TdC

frightening isn't it :)

Cyfr

Banned
Not really, your all geeks! Apart from me. Im normal.

TdC

ok more X2 now. see you cats later!!

Cyfr

Banned
im a dog.. cats go meow, and eat rats and curtains..

TdC

ewoks are evil spawn of satan tbh. wicket prolly was an american president in a past life :p

aaaaand....

tdc discovers an X2 golden rule!! : never think "oh, I'll do that pesky old hull repair later" when you're below 20% intact. murphy will make you just clip a station door, your 1 megawatt shield will turn out to be about as tough as wet tissue and you will find out exactly what explosive decompression means :(

Cyradix

FH is my second home
How good is X2?

I tried the demo. Controlling your ship with keyboard and mouse sucks....

Is it any better with a joystick?

granny

Fledgling Freddie
The whole administrator/user account thing in XP is badly fucked up unfortunately :(

My last XP install I decided to operate as a non-admin account for the obvious security reasons but found it to be *such* a pain in the arse I gave up and now run as admin, there's simply no other reasonable way to operate in XP. "Run as" is a waste of fucking time and non-admin accounts are so stupidly restricted I spent more time switching between users than actually doing stuff and the number of apps and games that got broken by the whole process was immense.

Very frustrating :/

TdC

I feel your pain brother :( I was shocked that you couldn't give ownership of a directory chain to a certain user the 'NT' way to enhance the 'shared folders' idea. 'Run As', as you say is shit imo too, and running full time as admin is something I dislike utterly :/
MS' own apps, understandably, are ok-ish with the user thing (but not always, which is also shit) but games, with their multi-doze installers are so generic as to what goes where that there hardly seems any plausible alternative.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
TdC said:
tdc discovers an X2 golden rule!! : never think "oh, I'll do that pesky old hull repair later" when you're below 20% intact. murphy will make you just clip a station door, your 1 megawatt shield will turn out to be about as tough as wet tissue and you will find out exactly what explosive decompression means :(

Sounds like this really isn't a game-to-miss title!

TdC

well, in all reality....imo it has shit voice acting, really shit cutscenes, and a rather weak storyline. the physics are slightly real inasmuch as inertia and other stuff are concerned, but slightly is the operative word here. It reminds me alot of Privateer2's space flight tbh. but it has ships and flying about in space!!!1

TdC

Cyradix said:
How good is X2?

I tried the demo. Controlling your ship with keyboard and mouse sucks....

Is it any better with a joystick?

tbh, due to laziness I've not yet hooked my joystick up yet. controlling with kb is anything but smooth, (I dislike the mouse for flying (that's just me I suppose heh)) but it does get the job done well enough. Atm I'm doing no areobatics at all, just delivering energy to all and sundry, trying to find profit runs (sell energy to refinery, refined goods to factory, finished products to trading station etc) that take just long enough for the economy to settle back down once you start the run again. I imagine that once I get enough dosh together to purchase a decent ship/weapon config I'll hook the js up, but up to now there's no need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom