oh dear...

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Read his book, Winning! about how he took England to the World Cup. It reads as more of a management book than a sports autobiography, and has some fascinating insights.

His First love was always Soccer, and it was really just his British Navy father who, through choosing a Navy school for him, stopped him from becoming a professional footballer.

His successful sports coaching career has been all about gathering the right people together and creating the right apparatus for success. Not picking teams, and tinkering with tactics. It's his obsession with details, or 'critical non-essentials' which went a long way to winning the World Cup for England, and there is no reason this can't transfer to another sport.

Only problem will be finding footballers with a high enough IQ to take on board Woodwards approach.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Fair enough, at least he hasnt been put straight in an important role.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Ch3tan said:
Fair enough, at least he hasnt been put straight in an important role.

I don't think they'll make the same mistake again of putting in someone who knows little or nothing about football ...

... as they did with Redknapp :)

(embittered West Ham fan).

Marc

FH is my second home
I could of managed the england rugby union team that won the world cup such is the state of rugby union. England are/were the best of a bad and skilless bunch. I personally think its a bad move by southampton.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom