Oh Bugger!

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
Pipex said:
Dear Sir or Madam,

We have received a complaint regarding an allegation of Copyright Infringement.

We were supplied an IP address of the system that was sharing the alleged copyrighted material, which we traced to your PIPEX ADSL account.

As I am sure you are aware, this breaches our Acceptable Use Policy, (http://www.pipex.net/legal/aup/ ) and many copyright laws, namely the Berne Convention.

Please reply to this email within 7 days stating that your PIPEX account will not be used for copyright infringement or any breaches of the law or the PIPEX Acceptable Use Policy.

Failure to respond or further infringements will cause your account to be temporarily suspended,and could also result in your account being terminated.

We have included the original complaint for you to view.

Much they can do over this?

Chilly

Balls of steel
dump you with no refund if you dont reply and tell them you had a trojan or something. you agreed to their T&C's....supposedly.

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
If copyright infringement laws were actually fully enforced, would the internet cease to exist?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
one way to get out of their contract i guess :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Just say yes, then carry on as before. You don't think they actually care do you?

Try using peerguardian.

Lazarus

Part of the furniture
so how does this peer guardian work - what settings do I need to activate?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Its not that great really...I don't think its completely effective...

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Try using peerguardian.
Um, no, dont do that. Its worthless. Worse it makes folks feel safe and secure when they arent.

The real solution is even simpler: do not download "big" "new" movies from the popular public torrent sites. Problem solved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom