Ogres Might

A

Aule Valar

fear this quest, for it is fearsome (good logic huh)
there is absolutly no point embarking on it with less than 6fgs ish, you can get to the last room with only 2fgs, but in the last room you have to kill 4 of these ring things before you can hurt the end mob, the rings don't damage you much, but they are legion level toughness, we sat there for about 30 mins and knocked 10% off one with 2fgs
you can't even hurt the final guy till they are all dead :s

P

pcentella

Haven't read much about this quest, but it has been fixed many times on the U.S. servers; maybe should check their Herald if you feel there's something wrong at any step.

P

Pin

From what I've read... Take 60 people, spend hours and hours killing the bugger until each group can complete the quest (until this is fixed in later patches), get shit rewards that are not worth the effort.

P

Pin

Originally posted by Jiggs
it is the everest of quests tho :D

and imo these aren't shit

http://camelot.allakhazam.com/item.html?citem=5626

Bracer quest gives 2 bracers, both better than this.

DF jewel and pygmy jewel are both better.

The belts have good utility (the piety get's changed to dex in a future patch), but unfortunately the other high utility items available (bracer's, neck, jewel, ring) already cap cold, heat and energy resists.

But yeah, it should be a fun event to kill him when we get a fixed patch.

A

Aussie-

rofl we just did him

we kill 4 orbes after (SKIP THIS) mins
we attack him.. orb spawns :great:
we kill orb after ( errrr ) mins
we attack him.. other orb spawns :great:

how to waist 2hours of your life :D

P

Pin

Originally posted by Aussie-
rofl we just did him

we kill 4 orbes after (SKIP THIS) mins
we attack him.. orb spawns :great:
we kill orb after ( errrr ) mins
we attack him.. other orb spawns :great:

how to waist 2hours of your life :D

So... did you finish the quest then? :p

K

Khalen

nope we gave up after the 2nd orb spawned :p we were just with too few. But nvm we will get it one day ;) We don't have relics so we could bring 200 people but it would be nicer if we all got the items then ;)

G

gwal

uhmm, u only need one FG to get to him, doesnt do much good tho, as we found out :/

J

just.thebrave

SS and our alliance killed Scurceol last night, yea we had a good 6fg+. after the 1st orb we all charged him and slayed him in a min or 2.

Result, 1 fg got quest and itamz, the rest didnt since it's bugged atm, and he didnt repop in a responble time. So it seem either most dmg or last hit decides who gets the loot atm, which is pretty crap for such a difficult quest...

Anyway many of us are appealling to Goa via rightnow..

S

skile

I'm one of the lucky ones, who almost finished the quest. Need to turn in Channeler's Orb to Master Xavier. But can't, funny is that I'm on Step 0 O_O. Anyways, got Scurceol's bracer and Puzzler's Globe as reward. Wanted the belt, and I'm willing to trade the Bracer for the belt.

Regards.

K

Khalen

Originally posted by skile
I'm one of the lucky ones, who almost finished the quest. Need to turn in Channeler's Orb to Master Xavier. But can't, funny is that I'm on Step 0 O_O. Anyways, got Scurceol's bracer and Puzzler's Globe as reward. Wanted the belt, and I'm willing to trade the Bracer for the belt.

Regards.

Poclyan has the belt but not the bracer :)

P

Pin

GOA response

Greetings,

The quest will be changed in the next patch to affect everyone who helped kill Hyrde, but currently it only affects one group. This is not something we are going to change before next patch arrives.

Best regards,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support

So basically. Don't do the quest until 1.59. You're wasting your time.

B

belth

Got pretty much the same response as Pin.

/mumble

P

Pin

I've tried rewording the question now. I didn't get the idea they understood what I asked :p

B

belth

Hello again,

Yes, the quest will be changed in the next patch, but this does not mean that it is currently bugged. We will have to wait for the patch to see this change on the European servers.

Best regards,

As per Read File fixes on 15th of January on the US servers (http://www.camelotherald.com/more/701.php) -

SHROUDED ISLES WORLD NOTES:

Quests- General:

Multiple groups on the Ogre's Might quest will be able to kill Scurceol Hyrde and be stepped to the next portion of the quest. Previously, only players from the group that received credit for killing Hyrde would be stepped.

I understand this to mean the quest is bugged in the 1.57 patch.

P

Pin

My question was more along the lines of

"On the US servers, customer cupport would manually step forward any players who were on step 11 of the quest and present when Scurceol Hryde was killed, therefore I am asking that the same should happen for players on the EU servers".

(But of course this would mean work for GOA, and is never going to happen)

B

bob007

hehe am sorry i asked rightnow anything, I filled in the form being nice and polite, And for my hard workd in not ranting on I got this ..............

Hello,

I have reseted your quest in order for you to complete it again.
regards,

So as well as not getting to complete it in the first place. I've now gotta do the 11 steps to get to the point where I can't complete it anyway AGAIN. Nice 1 goa my hero.

S

SoulFly Amarok

to me it would be enough to get the belt >_<

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by gwal
uhmm, u only need one FG to get to him, doesnt do much good tho, as we found out :/

hehe can spend a couple of years trying to take down the orbs with 1fg :)

we had 1.5 it wasn't fun. we got one down 10% and gave up ;)

B

belth

On both tries we had only 1 orb up, maybe another bug?

H

Hit ^_^

if someone needs help on this quest. my lvl50 infil would Love to join.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom