Ogre's Might Quest

T

the_smurflord

Has anyone been able to finish this?
We tried with about 20 people, got Scurceol down to about 60% when he summoned about 15 purple-con bodyguards which made short work of us.
There are several rumours goin around about how this quest is bugged.
1) Aparantly infiltrators seem to get the cleric version of the belt reward (+5 piety!).
2) Only the group that gets the kill actually gets to the next step of the quest, not all the people who fought him.

Can anyone shed any light on these rumours at all?
Also what rewards have the various classes got?

G

georgus

The pie on the belt is a bug, next patch its getting changed to dex I heard (which would benefit friars as well).

Yes apparently only the group who kills him finishes the quest which seems a bit silly but probably something to do with coding and assigning loot.

Drops I know of:

Belt (Pie) - 7con 7pie 10%cold 10%heat
Belt (Str) - 7con 7str 10%matter 10%energy

Bracer - 30hits 10%crush 10%slash
Globe (Jewel) - 57hits 12% energy

Not sure how it works but I heard you get a belt and the bracer. Think the jewel is something you give to the initial NPC guy but not sure why. Havent got round to doing it yet and looks like about 4fgs are needed.

E

Eliz

From what Ive heard, everyone gets the globe + one of the other items depending on class. Casters get the bracer.

C

case-rigantis

we tried last night...got only 1 globe down to 5% then the damn middies attacked our beloved Rigante holiday home(caer hurbury) so we had to give up and run to the defence :(

O

old.windforce

thought ogres might was bugged

<confused>

T

the_smurflord

when we did it, we killed two globes. One had a really vicious damage shield.
You hit for 2 damage.
You were hit got 65 damage.

The 2nd globe kept throwing everyone 20 ft in the air, giving them about 20% falling damage per go (except infils of course:p).
I think this a job for a cross alliance raid. We only have a short window of time to damage Scurceol after the globe goes down before the next one activates and makes him invulerable. There is some debate if a new globe activating also gives scurceol a full heal.

P

Pin

See Albion/Excalibur forum. We did it last night with ~50 people... Of course in this patch only 1 group advances on the final step of the quest, so we're appealing on RightNow for the other attendants to be advanced (this is what the US customer support did until they fixed the quest in 1.59, and we can hope that GOA do the same thing).

P

Pin

Originally posted by the_smurflord
when we did it, we killed two globes. One had a really vicious damage shield.
You hit for 2 damage.
You were hit got 65 damage.

The 2nd globe kept throwing everyone 20 ft in the air, giving them about 20% falling damage per go (except infils of course:p).
I think this a job for a cross alliance raid. We only have a short window of time to damage Scurceol after the globe goes down before the next one activates and makes him invulerable. There is some debate if a new globe activating also gives scurceol a full heal.

It doesn't give him a full heal, but of course, once you go to kill the orb, he regens to full before you can get back to hit him again.

Basically, the quest is impossible as less than about 5fg (more people preferred), but with only 1fg advancing on the quest it really sucks (about 1 hour repop on him would have meant about 7 hours camping him last night for all to finish the quest).

Then the group that did advance couldn't actually complete the quest as they were unable to turn in the item to the start NPC at the end.

All in all, not really worth doing until we get 1.59.

Users who are viewing this thread