Official: Royals thread.

E

Embattle

Yeah...I don't like that TV program either.

S

SilverHood

Royals.... only ever good when gambling for money playing cards.

O

old.Tohtori

Dunno really, they got cash *shrugs*

They dress funny sometimes...

I bet their "posh".

That's about it i guess.

D

DeSlisser

ahaha this is so funny!

Tilda (&Zana?)
Thanks for your efforts to keep my original thread clean of our fellow BW posters. But to no afail. Not surpisingly though.

Now my opinion:

Royals had their place in the past. However they still have.

They used to get money cause they ruled, now they got money cause they did rule and act as the symbol of past times & glory. So what!

Getting money for being a symbol.. aint the UN the same. You really think the US would do anything else than what they want, even if the UN say otherwise? But then i ask you, you don't think the UN has it's value, eventhough the US takes the piss at them?

A

Addlcove

depends on the royals really... I have _NO_ respect for english royalty whatsoever anymore.

I like the danish though :)

let me tell you a story about an uncle of a friend I went to school with.

he was serving as a navigator on the royal ship "dannebrog" and one morning where he as usual walked unto the bridge in his knickers the queen was there, she laughed while he ran back to his cabine to get changed, BUT come christmas he send her a christmas card signed "the sailor with the knickers" and ever since his family has received a royal christmas card every year.

so some of them are actually human too :)

now I´m off work, tata

O

old.Gombur Glodson

Don't really care about what they do, not something that can get me excited.

S

SilverHood

lol, class

yeah, English Royals are the ones I was reffering to.

The Danes and Swedes manage to keep the scandals down and are worthy ambasadors for thier country.

Don't follow the Royals in other countries, but they used to be Danes, so it's all good :D

W

Wile_E_Coyote

Viva la Republica

(That pretty much sums up my view)

S

Sibanac

I'dd post my opinion but would probably get me banned.

So I'll just say it involves the words inbred,money,sucking,monkeys

O

old.job

As people I don't give two fooks about them, but they are an important institution.
The idea of them not being rich, is such a joke, what a poor Queen????
Yeah she'd have some real pull round the world eh.

'Jeez it's so bad in the UK even the Queen is on food stamps'

The whole Royal thing is just one big theme park, but a lot of less educated people have no idea why they are there or just how bad it has been in the past.

You know we tax the Queen now in the UK, just to keep the average dumb fuck in the street happy.

The fact that we give her all the money in the first place seems to bypass their reasoning at some point.

Tax her? couldn't we just give her less in the first place?

P

pez

its not about political muscle, prince charles has got in to alot of trouble for trying to act politically

A

Arnor

our king got cancer oO

but they fixed him, cancer in the urine bladder, think it must be kinda crappy tbh

O

old.Tohtori

Heh, and to think...this thread started when someone misunderstood the point i was making...

Oi...now it's all royal flushing.

E

Esoteric

Royals are ok tbh I feel sorry for them and would not switch places with any of them.

W

Wile_E_Coyote

Yup, our king has cancer (Not terminal, operated today without complication but with massive news-coverage). And this of course, is much more important than the faceless masses of people that die and suffer all the friggin time without no media coverage whatsoever.

VG (Big newspaper): Headline in wartypes: The king has cancer! (se pages 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,12,13,14,15,16)

10 people on the street interviewed about their reaction to the news of the kings cancer (pages 17 & 18)

Small type: -An estimated 25 civilian iraqis was killed when US troops retaliated against stone throwing crowd. (bottom of page 11) -Girl found raped and murered. (Page 19)

(Not actual headlines)

Been like that for two weeks now. What a circus.

O

old.tRoG

I think the entire royal family should be brought out into a street and stoned to death by a rabid mob of people.

There is absolutely no point in them. They do bugger all except go on expensive holidays, wave a little when they're driving around, and 'enjoy' themselves with their servants.

All of this is, of course, funded by us.

But then, I've been raised to hate them.

T

tris-

there is no point in any royal family in any country now. they dont contribute anything apart from the queen who contributes to the bordem of christmas TV with her stupid speach. all they do is take our money and pretend to say or do something so they can be in the paper, like the recent prince charles thing etc. they are just in it for the publicity, does anyone really give a shit what she had for breakfast or what school the kids goto? i couldnt care less if they went to the school down the road to me, they are just another face in the crowd. well this is how i think about any 'famous' person, i couldnt give 2 shits if someone is pregnant or someone else is getting married.

maybe they were needed in the pre 1900s but now, in this day and age, it seems they are staying to milk the country of all its worth and get their name mentioned in the paper at least once a day.

A

Aoami

I have no problem with the British Royal Family. I'm no Royalist by any means, but tbh the Queens income is not all that much, not as much as everyone seems to think, and the whole Royal thing brings in a fuckload of tourism. I lived in Windsor for 8 years when i was smaller and about 90% of the people there were Asian tourists :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom