Official Darkage forums

Starwind

Can't get enough of FH
I think its about time we had one? every other game out there as one but neather US or Euro have one. Why is this?

Seems abit unprofessional to see public relations people come onto FH and maybe VN baords too, talking about things among the flaming and other crap, i just think we need somthing abit more official , to get a clean answer from people sometimes.

FH will always be needed for other things , but some stuff i would sooner go to the Offical website login and talk proper instead of pissing about with lots of bitterness and flaming.

I would like it, if one of the GoA guys could shine some light on this.

Cheers.

Baldanah

Fledgling Freddie
When the game first launched in Euro there was an Official Forums on the GOA website , but due to all the flaming etc that was occuring on it , GOA decided to close it down .

At least thats my opinion of why they closed it , GOA gave some reason at the time , but i can't remember what they said .

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
It's signal to noise.
On official forums the level of noise is very high as people expect that a developer/community manager/etc will be reading every post and will therefore listen to their opinions on why class x is overpowered, why player y has to be cheating, what the hell the company was smoking when they introduced ability z and so forth. Useful and constructive posts get lost amidst the great mass of whine, dev bashing (every single company running a game at the moment has a vocal part of their community telling anyone who'll listen that the company in charge of their game is the absolute worst for listening to their players and customer service). So, much as it might appear to be illogical, it's better for the company to restrict the flow of information to themselves and filter all the garbage. Not saying that everything submitted via the feedback form is a nugget of pure, distilled wisdom, but the fact that you need to make an extra effort (even such a small one) at all, deters the heat of the moment whine and insulates against the vast majority of pointless feedback.

There was an interesting discussion about forums and feedback quality recently which was kicked off by an incident on the SW:G boards. It's interesting reading and you can track it from here.

Closer to home, Mark Jacobs of Mythic made this post regarding Warhammer: Age of Reckoning on the Warhammer Alliance forums in response to a question about whether W:AR would have official boards and why US DAoC never had them.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
DAoC did have a official forum back when Kemor was GM. it ended up with all the whiners getting it closed.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Or rather, DAoC europe did have a official forum... US never had one to begin with...

/curses the 10 minute edit cap....

Starwind

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
It's signal to noise.
On official forums the level of noise is very high as people expect that a developer/community manager/etc will be reading every post and will therefore listen to their opinions on why class x is overpowered, why player y has to be cheating, what the hell the company was smoking when they introduced ability z and so forth. Useful and constructive posts get lost amidst the great mass of whine, dev bashing (every single company running a game at the moment has a vocal part of their community telling anyone who'll listen that the company in charge of their game is the absolute worst for listening to their players and customer service). So, much as it might appear to be illogical, it's better for the company to restrict the flow of information to themselves and filter all the garbage. Not saying that everything submitted via the feedback form is a nugget of pure, distilled wisdom, but the fact that you need to make an extra effort (even such a small one) at all, deters the heat of the moment whine and insulates against the vast majority of pointless feedback.

There was an interesting discussion about forums and feedback quality recently which was kicked off by an incident on the SW:G boards. It's interesting reading and you can track it from here.

Closer to home, Mark Jacobs of Mythic made this post regarding Warhammer: Age of Reckoning on the Warhammer Alliance forums in response to a question about whether W:AR would have official boards and why US DAoC never had them.

Thats all i needed to know, is why there was not one, and why there aint going to be one.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Ctuchik said:
DAoC did have a official forum back when Kemor was GM. it ended up with all the whiners getting it closed.

Well, rather daoc had a forum the first few months after it was released. Kemor quit way after the closing of the fourm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom