Offensive posts

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Regarding the recent thread about objectionable avatars, I'm wondering why shit like this is tolerated?

Obviously hes in the minority on here, but its still one of the most stupid/offensive posts I've seen on here so far.

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
Quick question, why didnt you PM your objections to a mod instead of posting on here which is just gonna create another thread soley for the purpose of flaming those 'uncouth DAoCers'?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Oh do fuck off, I didn't mention DaoC, and I posted the thread to encourage debate, not to get someone banned.

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
No you didn't.

But the majority of posts like this end up the same way - flaming DAoCers.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Thats not my intention, so lets not go there eh?

GekuL

Fledgling Freddie
It's all the people biting that I am more concerned about tbh.

Damini

Part of the furniture
But when people didn't bite on BW, we ended up having threads that just discussed the pros of racist behaviour, and became a breeding ground for NF jargon, so what's the proper response?

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Damini said:
so what's the proper response?

I believe it began with "shut" and ended with a request for a horrible illness.

GekuL

Fledgling Freddie
Trolls like Karam will not change their opinions because people disagree with him. If it's innappropriate or offensive then it needs to be deleted.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I think the point is to laugh at the ignorance, not get wound up by it.

Either the guy is trying to wind people up, then who cares - or he really believes what he's saying.. in which case you have to laugh at how dense some people are.

edit: Just read a few more posts of this guy. Most obvious troll - evar. Guy's there JUST to get on peoples nerves.

Doomy

Fledgling Freddie
Lol. I wasnt aware that someone who could switch on a computer let alone post on a forum could be so caveman like.

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Just report gimps like him, and ban. No need to debate about it.

Catsby

One of Freddy's beloved
nath said:
I think the point is to laugh at the ignorance, not get wound up by it.

Either the guy is trying to wind people up, then who cares - or he really believes what he's saying.. in which case you have to laugh at how dense some people are.

edit: Just read a few more posts of this guy. Most obvious troll - evar. Guy's there JUST to get on peoples nerves.
Catsby believes that nath has hit the proverbial nail on the head. Catsby says there are so many people that allow themselves to be wound up by trolls.

Catsby suggests that we have all met people like this at work/school/hanging at the jobseekers queue.
Catsby recommends not encouraging them, or worse - Agree with them! Catsby knows that nothing annoys trolls more than support (Catsby is now waiting for people to support him...).

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:
Regarding the recent thread about objectionable avatars, I'm wondering why shit like this is tolerated?

When you read all the responses to his post it's quite clear that it's not tolerated.
Edit: Do you mean not moderated effectively when you say 'tolerated'?

leggy

Probably Scottish
Amusing really.

To be fair though Karam actually does need kept away from the public. Banning is pointless, at least he's not outside exposing his vile self to his neighbours. I missed out the word friends on purpose.

Sigurd

Banned
The guy makes me look like a big cuddly teddy bear :D At least my intention wasn't to soley rile and anger fellow forumers though... :touch:

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
I tend to agree with the majority on this, there is no need to physically and mentally abuse the prisoners, even as a softening up exercise prior to interrogation by the intelligence services. There are enough drugs out there that will do exactly the same thing more quickly and 'humanely' than the complete debasement these pictures show.
I would also say that from what we have seen on the news the particular forms of torture, other than the generic standing on a box and nakedness, are designed to particularly target a group with known aversions to certain sets of conditions. Moslem men, being powerless in front of women is a form of torture, they are taught, incorrectly,even from a koranic viewpoint, that women are below men, this reversal jars them.
I also have to take us all to task, we would be quite happy to deploy anti-chav mines and destroy random chav vehicles because they affect 'us and ours' but we do not see the parallel of the soldier, not condoning anything, as I already stated there is no need for physical or mental torture.
I just reread that and I sound like a complete facist.
The human race is not very nice, we still behave in a tribal way, there are just more tribes we can belong to now, and it is easier to change tribes to suit our current needs. The ethics that we all purport to believe in can relatively easily be rationalised away given small changes in circumstance. The barbarous acts we have seen committed are done by people like us, does not make it any better, does not make it right, just shows that the Human race has not yet grown up.

Later

SawTooTH

Can't get enough of FH
Its all very inflammatory. I think people can on the whole though make up their own mind about this issue and form their own opinion of this guy. Im in two minds on banning people for expressing opinions I dont agree with. This simply drives these people underground and you end up with a forum devoid of anything to argue about.

TriGGer

One of Freddy's beloved
Tough one this, I dont know if this falls under the Offensive Catergory, as its just his opinion. Dont know if he posts to wind people up or not, but cetainly in that post, he's not attacking anyone on the forum, just posting his thoughts on a subject.

As they say "It takes all kinds"

</twopenceworth>

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Catsby said:
hanging at the jobseekers queue.

Blimey that's a bit severe, in my day if you were too long unemployed they just stopped your dole money.

/me makes note not to get fired.

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
TriGGer said:
Tough one this, I dont know if this falls under the Offensive Catergory, as its just his opinion. Dont know if he posts to wind people up or not, but cetainly in that post, he's not attacking anyone on the forum, just posting his thoughts on a subject.

As they say "It takes all kinds"

</twopenceworth>
If you read some of his further posts in the thread it certainly falls under the
Racism and extreme political views Catagory.

This isnt the first time he posts crap like this either (not to say all his posts are like this, tho he realy outdone himself today)

He is either a big fat trol or should be send on a vacation to the funny farm imho

Damini

Part of the furniture
Everyone who is familiar with Karum knows that he is a troll. He's treated us to such charming sermons as "Why women are inferior and shouldn't work" and "reasons why we should man guns on the Channel Tunnel and shoot immigrants" in the past. Knowing he's a troll doesn't make the content any less offensive, and whilst blah de blah freedom of speech, we're hardly oppressing and gagging him if it's demanded he takes his unPC diatribes elsewhere. Why should Freddyshouse be the location for single handedly taking on the responsibilities of Karum's freedom of speech? I suggest he makes a Karum's Wisdoms Website, and keeps it away from a community gaming forum. He's more than aware that his views upset the balance of a community, and he does it to test how far he can push.

And there is a world of difference between jokingly referring to burberry landmines, and saying "I've got a video of my mate abusing Iraqis, its ace! They're subhuman and deserve it."

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
... and yet not one of you has clicked the 'report post' button?

I've had just about enough of Karam's trolling too now, to be honest :rolleyes:

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
Jupitus said:

i would have if the company proxy didnt decide to throw a wobbler and stop allowing certain php pages to run :eek:

*reports post*

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Well, looks like he got banned.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Jupitus said:

Do we have to "officially" report it before an action can/will be taken?

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
Jupitus said:

Well in my defence, you had posted in the thread before I read it and so concluded the/a mod(s) was/where aware of the thread :)

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
im just left wondering if people started hammering the "report post" button after jup's aformentioned gripe about its lack of use.

*trolls*

:p

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Cyradix said:

Not always, but it can often speed the process along ;)

I had posted on page 2 of that in an attempt to dampen the flames, but Karam carried on trolling hence the ban.

Will

/bin/su
Cyradix said:
No, but it helps. The mods who deal with the forum in question get emailed, and there is a secret "Reported Posts" forum where the post gets copied to.

Because sometimes mods don't have time to read every single post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom