Adari

Part of the furniture
Shoulda been Fawlty Towers or Yes, Minister imho ;/

Discuss ~~

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
err well only fools and horses is like, the best thing ever

so thats good.

only thing ever to make me laugh like that does is harry hills tv burp.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Cant fault Only Fools though. It is a ledgend.

Adari

Part of the furniture
I'm also surprised that The Office didn't make it to the top 10.

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
only fools is great yeh,
been a while since i seen it tho, thourt the one with the chandeleir(sp?) was funny tho :p

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
bo selecta needs a mention

it's the best thing ever shown on tv other than ant and dec saturday Night take away

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
or even the one where they go to france i think it is to a reunion for there dead grandad or whateva when they see the whole town looks like the grandad :p

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
bo selecta isnta sit com :/

and yeah healer that one was wicked :D

when they met in the warehouse and trig is like "you said to meet us here at 4 o clock"(or something)

hard to mention specific episodes since theres too many good ones (like every single one..)

Adari

Part of the furniture
Healer McHeal said:
the hell is coupling? (dont watch a great deal of tv :p)

It's a pretty recent sitcom (I think) that you either love or hate, you know, just like errr, 'Yes, Minister' or 'Blackadder' I guess. Anyway, it's shit, in my opinion.

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
ah, blackadder was cool tho :p, bouldric was always funny, damn i need to start watching more tv again :(

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Only fools and horses was a sure winner from the start, its just the most timeless British sit-com thats ever been made, and it also had more than just a barrel of laughs but it had other things in it too, some soap opera elements however it wasnt saturated with them elements to the point that its close to the shite that is East enders or something. :D

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
It is funny, but its also good to watch as a family with wee kids because there is no swearing or violence.

on a side note - anyone seen My Family - it rocks

tRoG

Fledgling Freddie
I love My Family - Nick is my idol :D

I would have prefered Fawlty Towers to win... but then, I like John Cleese's chin. *stroke*

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
personally i would have loved for yes minister to win, but it was a bit intellectual for most peoples tastes. Can't argue with OFaH winning though, it is a classic and probably the most popular sitcom ever. Wouldn't be in my top 5 but would be nearly there.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Apparently Yes Minister actually had an annonymous Minister as an advisor to the show...so its a dead cert some of the scripts were based on some real stuff going on back then :)

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
tRoG said:
I love My Family - Nick is my idol :D

I would have prefered Fawlty Towers to win... but then, I like John Cleese's chin. *stroke*

i heard some where that nick is leaving the series :(, i always thourt he was brilliant in it, shame really he always made me laugh.

'Shy

One of Freddy's beloved
Eugh really? There's a lot greater sitcoms out there than that. Ohh yeah it was good in it's day, like 20 years ago, but, hmmm, so was Fawlty Towers and Blackadder, and they were funnier imo. If you gonna choose an oldie, choose a good one!

Healer McHeal

Fledgling Freddie
[QUOTE='Shy]Eugh really? There's a lot greater sitcoms out there than that. Ohh yeah it was good in it's day, like 20 years ago, but, hmmm, so was Fawlty Towers and Blackadder, and they were funnier imo. If you gonna choose an oldie, choose a good one![/QUOTE]

it was down to peoples votes, so blame the voters :p,

but i agree, i found blackadder a hell of alot funnier then OF&H, but i still think OF&H is a very good show.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
swords said:
Apparently Yes Minister actually had an annonymous Minister as an advisor to the show...so its a dead cert some of the scripts were based on some real stuff going on back then :)

they had 2 senior civil servants as advisors, can't remember the names, but having spoken to my best friend who works in the civil service it's scarily accurate

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
gunner440 said:
bo selecta needs a mention

it's the best thing ever shown on tv other than ant and dec saturday Night take away

how can u mention Ant and Dec as good? :p

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
[NO]Subedai said:
how can u mention Ant and Dec as good? :p

but they're the new morcombe and wise (ie boring and shite but grannies love them in their 1000's)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom