Odd video problem

X

Xavier

i've been meaning to ask, my copy of DAoC bailing out if i select resolutions above 1024x768, seeing as i never generally play games below 1600x1200 has anyone else had this problem? if so how have you fixed it??? :D

the doac webbie recommends getting newer drivers but I'm using 2742's with my ti4600 so I doubt there's much newer!

anyone?

(I've noticed a few other graphical bugs... like bands of coloured lines appearing across the screen after 6+ hours gameplay but this is generally solved with a quick /quit and reconnect... the same happens on my girlfriends (bym's) machine which is Ti500 and she's using 23.11 so I know it aint the drivers!)

P

Pfy

Originally posted by Xavier
... like bands of coloured lines appearing across the screen after 6+ hours gameplay ...

Yer, I get that unfortunately :/

W

WPKenny

I get odd tearing of the textures most of the time I play.
I've crashed out a number of times too. I think it might be cos I moved my PC upstairs recently and it's not as well ventilated and as such might be overheating.

I tried changing drivers but it didn't help and lowering res did nothing either.
It's odd, no more than "slightly annoying" but I'd be a happy man if it was fixed sometime soon.

X

Xavier

i'd just like more than 1024x768 on my 22" monitor :(

G

granny

Nope, 1280x1024 working fine for me, GF3, not sure which drivers but 23.11 rings a bell...

S

Sar

I'll be playing it at high res (1280*1024 on a GF3/23.11's), so I'll let you know how it goes.

W

WPKenny

It seems it was a problem with cooling.
I've moved my PC downstairs again where it's got better ventialtion and didn't get any glitches.

W

Wij

teehee. i often find that my enormous cpu fan is of little use when the case has no holes and the room is toasty warm anyway. i think i'll put the pc outside :)

S

Sar

I tried 1280*1024, but it bugged out with a "Failed to create renderer" message box.

Have to play at 1024*768...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom