Odd server numbers

nikolas

Fledgling Freddie
Hi all!

Came back to daoc recently after playing other games since December 2003. The 1st thing I noticed (i play hib btw) how quiet places were; Corus, Ligen and TNN all very quiet... I'd already looked at the server numbers and seen it as 1600 players online give or take a few, but when I did a '/who all' it only listed about 170!?

Now I know Hib is underpopulated, but does that seriously mean that Albion/Midgard are making up the other 1400+ players? Or are figures totally un-accurate?

Very odd

tallwiz

Fledgling Freddie
think its another mythic <our lords> miscalculation tbh :flame:

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Most classic places like cities are locked away and rarely anyone there.

I see on occasion a spellcrafter in Camelot but not much else.

Alliandre

Fledgling Freddie
They're all in ToA zones, some in Domnann, others in emain (though not as much as pre ToA yet). Go to some of these places and you should see some people.

fenrisan

One of Freddy's beloved
Yep, each new add-on moves the population centres around; SI moved all the crafters to SI towns and Foundations moved them into their own houses. I'm sure that ToA has influenced the population centres as well and Catacombs means we can all have our own individual dungeons.

Check back in a year for the only MMORPG that gives a real solo player experience :wij:

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
fenrisan said:
Check back in a year for the only MMORPG that gives a real solo player experience :wij:

hehe, couldn't have said it better myself :D

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
fenrisan said:
Yep, each new add-on moves the population centres around; SI moved all the crafters to SI towns and Foundations moved them into their own houses. I'm sure that ToA has influenced the population centres as well and Catacombs means we can all have our own individual dungeons.

Heh, spot on post

nikolas

Fledgling Freddie
Well the /who all command was showing people in SI and ToA. It just seemed a lot quieter than I remember it and this was at about 20:00 gmt so not a work/school time.

Have player numbers dropped and GoA hidden the real number? Or was it maybe just a bug… I dunno, just made me ponder :)

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
If by 'the numbers' you mean the regularly posted numbers then the answer is yes. They are no longer published. Last stats were mid-January and the clicky that brought them up has now been disabled so it looks like they are not coming back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom