odd chrashes

Pippic

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 14, 2004
Messages
416
lately my comp has been chrashing in a for me tottally new fashion, i can tell when its gonna crash becuz the sound dies 1-3 minutes b4 it reboots. maybe someone here knows what the prob is?

running win xp home ed
AMD athlon XP 2400+
1 gb of ddr ram
ATI radeon 9500
80 gb hd
and asus mb with built in sound and network card called ASUS A7V8X

everything working fine cept for theese crashes, and yes i have AntiCrash but it doesnt help
 

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
2,730
overheat?

some corrupt file somewhere?

virus?

could be many things
 

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
2,730
try disabling sound card via bios and see if it still restarts

a7v8x is based on via chipset and its made of crappy parts

what i hate about asus
 

Pippic

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 14, 2004
Messages
416
i got a fan for a 3.2 ghz cpu on it so dont think its overheating, and if i disable soundcard i wont know if its this type of chrash or if its some program error :x
 

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
2,730
Pippic said:
i got a fan for a 3.2 ghz cpu on it so dont think its overheating, and if i disable soundcard i wont know if its this type of chrash or if its some program error :x

its just to see if the crash problems persist with the soundcard "off"

if ur comp is crashing regularly with xp and its not a hardware fault...

time for format ^^
 

Pippic

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 14, 2004
Messages
416
and dont think its a virus either, had this problem b4 many scans with virus prog
 

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
2,730
it crashes after fresh install of windows?

or is it only after some time when ur comp gets filled with shit
 

Pippic

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 14, 2004
Messages
416
gunner440 said:
its just to see if the crash problems persist with the soundcard "off"

if ur comp is crashing regularly with xp and its not a hardware fault...

time for format ^^
dont wanna lose 20 gb of movies and 30 gb of warez :x
 

Pippic

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 14, 2004
Messages
416
gunner440 said:
it crashes after fresh install of windows?

or is it only after some time when ur comp gets filled with shit
doesnt crash frequently, and maybe 1 year of shit is enogh? :x
 

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
2,730
Pippic said:
dont wanna lose 20 gb of movies and 30 gb of warez :x
no second hdd?

get one cheap now ;x

either that or live with the crashing
 

Pippic

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 14, 2004
Messages
416
gunner440 said:
no second hdd?

get one cheap now ;x

either that or live with the crashing
okey i will when i cba :p
 

Pippic

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 14, 2004
Messages
416
thx for the help :p and for the postcount pl xD
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom