Obtaining ToA Key Over The Web

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Does anyone know where you can buy a ToA activation key over the web?

It just needs to be valid for European servers I believe and doesn't have to be English.

Been trying to get a hold of one but struggling. I know I can order ToA itself over the web (actually in the UK from what I can see this is the only way to get any DAoC stuff at the moment). Moving around quite a bit these days (again) so its hard to know where to have something sent :D

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
There isn't a way to just oder a CD key online, you have to purchase the box.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I realise GOA don't, I was really enquiring about other sources. Thanks for the reply though Zen (and Req on other thread).

I've messaged a few online shops if they are willing to email the key after purchase is approved. I'll see how it goes. Its become an interesting excercise now :D

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
was a FH poster who ran a game shop in exeter or somewhere I think that kindly emailed me my CD key then posted my copy of ToA to me when it was released :) (or was that SI?)

wonder if he's still around

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
did a post just vanish here abuot someone giving ToA cd-keys in exchange for ingame plats? (highly against CoC and EULA iirc)

Lucky I noted down who it was :flame:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i bought 2 ToA cd key's for about 24p (i had lots to spare at the time :D )

but i dunno if you have that kinda ingame money, otherwise look on amazon, bought an unused copy of SI for £5 on there once :p

Berthold

Fledgling Freddie
a friend of mine a few months back tried to get DAoC he went into the highstreet GAME who laughd and said i think DAoC is dead m8 we aint stockd it in years, then he tried a vairous of local shops GamesWorld, PcWorld and so on, <--these are in a city so have vast stocks of games not local small shops. in the end went to amazon online and paid for the game only to get a email later that week saying they cant/havnt been able to get hold of the game so they have refunded his cash.

You cannot buy DAoC in England full stop, how do they expect anyone to join up?

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
i recently bought ToA box from GameShop orsmt.. €15,99 came from UK to Netherlands.. no shipping costs etc :p

Just g00gle some

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
I don't see why it should be against the CoC. The only way it will work is if the key has not been registered, the only source of keys is boxes, so all you are doing is paying somebody for a key they have obtained by purchasing a box, and in doing so, saving on pointless postage.

Anyway, in answer to the question, eBay is your best bet, most will sell as boxes but sometimes you can pay for just the key to be emailed. Make sure its a Euro version though.

Also note that if you're doing it for a second account - BB, you will need a full (platinum?) version, the expansion pack will not do without a classic and SI key also.

Uliea

Fledgling Freddie
Yes Flim i'm still around :p

Roo, i can try to sort one for you, but i have none in stock and it's a bit late to get hold of a supplier now. If your interested PM me and i'll try to get a copy for Saturday, i can then sell you the game and give you the CD key through e-mail. :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Void959 said:
I don't see why it should be against the CoC.

buying a CD key is fine (as long as you buy the game somehow) it's the trading it for in-game things that's against the CoC.

e.g. flogging your Guard of Valor on ebay is a nono ;)

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Berthold said:
every bloody gamestore in Oxfordstreet/London has it in stock (even HMV)... :twak:

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Berthold said:

Find a new whine please this one is old and also not true anymore :(

Minau

Loyal Freddie
Requiel said:
I believe that's only for the US version of the game however.
exactly, how come we cant have stuff like that here ?!?

And btw, if he wanna trade a CD key for ingame plats there aint much u can
do right ? since its ok to give a cd key away he would just "transfer" some plats over ingame to a friend. nuffing u can do about it.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Minau said:
exactly, how come we cant have stuff like that here ?!?

And btw, if he wanna trade a CD key for ingame plats there aint much u can
do right ? since its ok to give a cd key away he would just "transfer" some plats over ingame to a friend. nuffing u can do about it.
That's a private website, it's not run by Mythic. There's no reason at all why a company couldn't offer the same service for Euro DAoC. We at Goa can't offer CD-keys over the net for the reasons that I've stated in several other similar threads recently. There's nothing stopping independant distributors from doing it however.

As far as selling CD-keys for plats is concerned it's not allowed. You aren't allowed to trade ingame things for out of game things as specifically noted in the CoC. You are allowed to give away your personal property (a cd-key) for example) as you like and you are allowed to give people your money/items in game as you like however the combination of the two things is not allowed. It's much like the situation where you're allowed to give money to strangers and consenting adults are allowed to sleep with each other however the combination is illegal in most countries.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
As far as selling CD-keys for plats is concerned it's not allowed. You aren't allowed to trade ingame things for out of game things as specifically noted in the CoC.

is Time classed as an "ingame thing" or "out of game thing", for instance if i were to give someone 5 plat for them using there time to help me level would that be against the CoC?

as am i not in effect trading something "in game" (5 plats) for something outside the game "thier time"

?

:m00:

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
scorge said:
is Time classed as an "ingame thing" or "out of game thing", for instance if i were to give someone 5 plat for them using there time to help me level would that be against the CoC?

as am i not in effect trading something "in game" (5 plats) for something outside the game "thier time"

?

:m00:
Time spent ingame is an ingame thing. Same as for any ingame service such as crafting, scroll hunting etc. Without getting bogged down in semantics, you aren't hiring their 'time' you're hiring their services. No-one is going to pay a necromancer/animist to just sit there for a couple of hours, you'd only pay for them to cast spells for you. Same as you wouldn't pay someone to run around Volcanus for a while, you'd pay them to find and supply a SoM 3/3.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
me thinks then that goa should check out ebay once ina while :D

no end of people offering power leveling etc.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:
No-one is going to pay a necromancer/animist to just sit there for a couple of hours, you'd only pay for them to cast spells for you.

Not so sure i would gladly pay an animist to sit on beno bridge for a few hours :)

Requiel said:
Same as you wouldn't pay someone to run around Volcanus for a while, you'd pay them to find and supply a SoM 3/3.

yet again i would be quiet happy to pay someone, say Zenethy to run around Volcanus shouting "Spank me"

or is that a service :eek6:

:moo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom