o_0

S

StormriderX

Killed a buff bot at atk in odin's today when group suicided but I got a msg that I've never seen before in place of rps :x

"Unfair has been damaged by npc's and is worth no realm points!"

Wtf @ the msg :x

A

Apathy

GOA protecting buffbots from being farmed!

Master Visur yells : "I will end your agony, sweet cleric. YOUR MISERY WILL SOON BE OVER!"

Buffalot yells : "Visur take me now! Send me on to the ambrosiac afterlife! Do not let these vile creatures defile my stately beauty and leave me be in stately repose!"

a.

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by StormriderX
Killed a buff bot at atk in odin's today when group suicided but I got a msg that I've never seen before in place of rps :x

Try to XP-kill some Mids in Upplands and you will see it often enough :O

(yes, deliberatly XP kill them, I know you can do it!)

B

Begach

Re: Re: o_0

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
Try to XP-kill some Mids in Upplands and you will see it often enough :O

(yes, deliberatly XP kill them, I know you can do it!)

On this subject (little hijack) I was working alb front an i comes across a pally PLing her alt (possibly a mate *shrug*). Pally's in combat with a tree. I kill the alt and the pally immediatly attacks me with the mob still raggin her ass (I had no intention of attacking until she was done). I thought strange, an didn't wanna cause an xp death so i hit the tree not the pally (whole time pally hitting me). I kill the tree and then have a long fight with a pissed off pally (couldn't blame her) who had a good 10 seconds of free hits. I finally (after a LONG fight) kill the pally an fairly sure it caused an xp death. Left a grave. This supposed to happen or is it a bug? fairly gay rule imo if it is.

I thought this only happened if i'd left the mob an it landed the last hit. I know because she'd took dmg off the mob i wasn't getting any rps but didn't expect the xp death and grave.

Can anyone shed some light ?

B.

D

Draylor

xp deaths are caused by the damage done by the mob - not by who got the killing blow.

So what you describe is exactly what youd expect to happen.

G

greenfingers

oO .. nice GoA ... U IDIOTS !!!

Why can't I get RP's from a buffbot !!! .. BAH !!!!

so that means .. if the buffbot is killed at the boarder of a tk, then no RP's for the gimp !

nerf...

S

StormriderX

Originally posted by greenfingers
oO .. nice GoA ... U IDIOTS !!!

Why can't I get RP's from a buffbot !!! .. BAH !!!!

so that means .. if the buffbot is killed at the boarder of a tk, then no RP's for the gimp !

nerf...

For a start if I was to whine wouldn't it be 'nice mythic' since they designed the game :rolleyes:

Secondly I was just curious :)

B

Begach

Originally posted by Draylor
xp deaths are caused by the damage done by the mob - not by who got the killing blow.

So what you describe is exactly what youd expect to happen.

I've been realm killed before whilst in combat with a mob.....never left a grave as i recall and assume the player got no rps for the kill.

The pally had more than 3/4 life when the mob fell, it had done very little dmg at all and she IP'd later on so at one point she'd taken NO dmg from the mob. Was just gay the way it happened is all. Like i said...wasn't expecting rps but wasn't expecting a grave either. Somehow they got that rule screwed up imo.

Btw it wasn't intentional i stopped an looked at her and her alt (a stealther) poped into view in front of me. I reacted an one shotted him lol. Had she been low enough or had not attacked me it wouldn't have happened.

Similar inccident happened a while back. I found a scout i mezzed just as he loosed his first arrow, missed mezzing the now inc mob an a ranged char lost possably 3 arrows in a same con mob and considerable dmg before he'd normally melee (would probably of killed my ranger when i was lvling one). I killed the mob and moved on (he didn't attack me probably tryin to figure out wtf the n00b killin his mob was doin). By the sounds of it he'd have gone a similar fate IF he'd attacked me in melee with the mob at which point ofc i'd have turned an killed him (lol or tried maybe).

All sounds so wrong to me. Yeah it will stop the rps hoe's farming xpers in combat but it is also gonna cause a shitload of unintentional xp deaths. Why not just giv no rps AND no grave if killed by an enemy player an not a mob.

B.

S

Simmern

I got the same message when i was in Tur Suil.
10 mins after i logged in Edwyn got killed by a mob and i got the message "Edwyn has been damaged by npc's and is worth no realm points!"

K

Khalen

It's same like with RAs when you wanna use em while you are not in combat. It works like a combat round. If you in some way are in a combat with a npc (mob) and you get killed by another realm enemy you will get xp death no matter if last blow, damage or full hp during battle. The timer has been set on and will be off when your battle timer has stopped (resting after mob is death, when the mob is dropping through floor you can use RAs and other non combat items, handy way of knowing when timer has stopped)

Try it out :)

O

old.LandShark

Originally posted by StormriderX
I got a msg that I've never seen before in place of rps :x

You've never seen that before?
Hehe.
Here, have your complementary "I'm an emain slut." badge.

Users who are viewing this thread