nvidia problems

C

caLLous

I could cry sometimes, really I could. I installed 52.16_win2kxp_english_whql.exe for meh Geforce, realised I had a problem, went back a couple of builds to 48.x I think, realised the problem still existed, reinstalled 52.16 thinking "what the hell", and now I can't access the advanced properties of the Geforce. I click on the Settings tab in Display Properties and double click on the monitor I want to play with (in this case #2, I'm trying to get video mirroring working so I can watch stuff on my TV). As soon as I click the "GeForce4 Ti 4600" tab it spits out an error titled nvcpl (nvidia control panel mebbe?). I then click OK and "Run a DLL as an App" crashes, as does Display Properties and I can't get into it. I've reinstalled the drivers again, and when I went back to 48.x, I specifically told it to keep the newer files when it asked. Help. :(

And now I realise I can't even remember what the problem was in the first place. :(

C

Ch3tan

You haven't been uninstalling the old drivers properly.

You need to remove all traces of nvidia drivers from your system and start again.

Nasty file remover /Nvidia file remover should help you.

C

caLLous

Thanks Ch3t and kam, I didn't use NFR (which I already had but completely forgot about), I just uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled and now it works spunktastically! Big screen movies woohoo! :)

Users who are viewing this thread