nvidia going all rotten?

W

wickedragon

saywha?

you thinking about how they force you to buy two videocards for the different types of engines, or are you just pissed because they charge 400$ for inferior craftsmanship?

A

Arnor

im pissed because they cheat in benchmarks, lie about the performance which is artificially boosted etc.

O

old.Xarr

ahhh that crap. i know what you mean, it's annoying as hell. however i don't think ati only has white flour in their bag. nvidia is definately the worst one though..

makes me a saad panda :'(

O

old.LandShark

Radeon have made superior cards for a fair while now anyway. If only their drivers weren't complete and total rubbish.

B

Bellona

im complete satisfied with my radeon card, i runs better than any FX card, GF4 than i seen on my friends computers, and the latest driver they released upped performance with roughly 15%.. so they are workling at it

E

Esoteric

Which ones you using the new catalyst ones?

O

old.LandShark

Oddly enough, Hercules haven't managed to produce better drivers than ATI themselves, for their radeons. (I say it's odd because hercules geforce drivers were always much better than nVidia reference ones)

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by Arnor
im pissed because they cheat in benchmarks, lie about the performance which is artificially boosted etc.

They always have done and probably always will. Just a case of picking the test that benefits their hardware.

If I remember correctly the advertised triangles/second for XBox was calculated using zero size triangles that where off the side of the screen...

Wish someone else could write stable drivers and I would gladly bin my GF4.

P

[PS]Venom

Originally posted by boni_ofdavoid
They always have done and probably always will. Just a case of picking the test that benefits their hardware.

Then again ATi have bene the same a lot as well - tests work a lot better with ATi cards yet games run better with Nvidia cards.

I've always been a stalwart fan of Nvidia - even down to having an Nforce2 chipset motherboard. However I have been thinking about trying out a radeon for some time now, and I've become increasingly unimpressed with the GFX cards. Especially the ones that sound like a jet engine.

(On a side not- Boni, you're from sheffield? Me too :D What bit :p )

B

boni_ofdavoid

Originally posted by [PS]Venom

(On a side not- Boni, you're from sheffield? Me too :D What bit :p )

Nether edge m8, but next week I move south and find a new job, leveling new alts doesnt seem to be paying the bills very well :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom