Nvidia - Cats Client Game Crashes

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Anyone getting game crashes on Nvidia Cards using latest drivers?

Happens to me probably once in 4 to 5 hours play but always at the wrong time :(. Can't put it down to high visuals (lots of spells going off in a keep raid) as it still crashes with /effects none. Even crashed running solo to Crouch from Bolg.

Does not happen with ToA/SI/Original Clients.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
The card in right now is a 5750 Ultra. Which is about 18 months old. Has been a very good card until these crashes started occuring. Never lags in major battles. I know Viconia is having the same problem.

Previously I was having Power problems which the drivers were reporting but was probably correct as I was running:

6 HDD totalling 480 Gb, 2 x ATA Raid - stripped, 2 x Serial ATA 150 raid, 2 on standard ATA.
2 CDW/DVDW.
Pinnacle Pro One Card
Nvidia 5750 Ultra

All on a 580W PSU. Added another 300W PSU to take care of the CDW/DVDW and Nvidia Card. Have not had a prob since.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Bellona said:
someone downloads alot and burns on dvd ^^

Nope film editing is a hobby. Don't download films off the net.

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
I have a GF4 TI 4200 and am on the latest nvidia drivers, don't really have any problems at all. Though, one time, pre-patch, I think I crashed once trying to give some NPC an item for a quest.

Brite

Banned
yes happens with me, after 4 hour with old drivers i would get gfx bug and have to relog, with new ones it crashes after about 4 hours

using asus gf n6600 pci-e card with athlon64 3200

quite annoying, have now gone back to toa client

Tractartus

Fledgling Freddie
I installed 77.72 they seem cause my PC to reboot when I exit the game. About to try 77.76...

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Tractartus said:
I installed 77.72 they seem cause my PC to reboot when I exit the game. About to try 77.76...

Well, I've got 77.76 installed, and, somewhere in the release notes they said that there *were* application fixes since 77.72, but the section only listed the 77.72 fixes and the download description basically says that they only added more/better SLI compatiblility.

Tractartus

Fledgling Freddie
Aye, I saw that. In the release notes under the section "Issues Resolved in 77.76" it mentions:

"General Issues
• All GPUs: Fixed a memory allocation issue that caused general
instability in a variety of games."

Which may be the culprit?

Running 77.76 now but not logged off yet. Though my last logging off with the 77.72s didn't crash the PC...

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
I get these crashes that my pc restarts all of a sudden out of the blue?
I got a gforce 4 5500 and was running on 71.89 driver from nvidia... i went to their site just now and the latest driver they have is 77.72? So how do you all get the nvidia driver 77.76?

I do need the international driver though... But i can't imagine they got 2 diff drivers for english / international?

Mr.Brand

Fledgling Freddie
I've had the crash when exiting with both 77.72 and 77.76; every time
with .72, 9 out of 10 exits with .76. I'm back to an older version. Battlefield 2
is the only complainer now, but it's so buggy I'm not playing :)

The international version is a twice as large package with language support
for various locales, but isn't necessary. If you want to try the very latest,
just click BETA drivers above the listboxes on the driver page at NVidia.com.

living

Fledgling Freddie
meerclar said:
Hawk are you using a 6600gt by any chance?
I am and im getting crashes quite often - seems to happen mostly after a few hours of playing with heavy activity (alot of pvp and so).. Same thing happens in WOW after a long session with heavy load.. i figured it was a heating problem on my card as its burning hot at those moments :)

Was gonna send it in for service as its still not over a year but cba until im not using it :D

Mr.Brand

Fledgling Freddie
6600GT has a very high operating temperature. The card is supposed
to shut down around 120 degrees. Is it anywhere near that right after
you exit a game? Find it in the display preferences.

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
6600gt here and seems to be a driver issue with 77.72 drivers... mine does the same reboot at exit game and also crashed once or twice in the middle of the game.

think i will go back to the 71.89

btw... i'm using toa client

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom