ntl

E

Embattle

Telewest offer a workwise service costing £200 a month ;)

O

old.zanzibar

what connection is that for 200 or is a business service?

E

Embattle

Business....that why its expensive and that why I doubt they will rush a home user connection at that speed.

C

Cod

Originally posted by +SA+SerialKilla
NTL are thick as shit though. They say that you are not allowed to share the net over 2 or more pc's.

Its shared over about 5 Pc's here, had it since July and NTL haven't said anything :)

Think NTL are starting the 1024/256 around Xmas time. Not totally sure though.

S

]SK[

I have it setup for 3 cpus but NTL dont like it. What can it do anyway its not as if im using up more bandwidth than im allowed?

So they recon they are releaseing 1mb?
Well they cant even keep the network strong enough for the current 512k users.

C

Cod

Not sure, i remember a few ppl warning me not to keep leaching stuff or else NTL would get upset and take away the service. Not sure what it was about though.

They said something about upgrading the software for the problems some ppl were having and that it'd get sorted over the next few months, as they upgrade each place.

O

old.Kurt_Angle

Originally posted by Cod
Not sure, i remember a few ppl warning me not to keep leaching stuff or else NTL would get upset and take away the service.

Realy? i canned over 300 gigs to cd's since i got ntl;)

P

Perplex

Originally posted by +SA+SerialKilla
Well they cant even keep the network strong enough for the current 512k users.

It's 100% fine for me, and has been for a year

P

Perplex

Originally posted by Cod
Not sure, i remember a few ppl warning me not to keep leaching stuff or else NTL would get upset and take away the service. Not sure what it was about though.

You're either a) thinking of BTOpenworld or b) Thinking about NTLs no-server policy for home users (which they reversed, allowing home users to host servers, AGES ago)

O

old.Jimbo Mahoney

My contract just arrived for my 128 k service.

It was supposed to arrive over a week ago so the engineer could fill it in and take it away.

What should I do?

It's a Direct Debit form, so I assume they can't set up a DD without my written consent? (ie This Form).

I tried phoning them today, but, as ever, one helluva massive queue made me give up. :rolleyes:

Shall I just wait for them to contact me?

Cheers

Jimbo

S

]SK[

Originally posted by Perplex

It's 100% fine for me, and has been for a year

Youve never had times where a shit load of USA servers bring back the message

----------------------------------------------
Connection Refused
----------------------------------------------

O

old.zanzibar

many a time for me......also times when the web goes down for me like yesterday,msn messanger ok,CS ok email ok but try to browse the web....access denied ......

O

old.Nizza

Question ?

Hi all, although I have been following Barrysworld for many years now, this is my first visit to the forums.

My question is this-I help run an NTL related website, we have members who work for NTL & often break stories before way before NTL themselves (we currently have one about NTL's imminent deal to 'rival' BT's £5.00 extra for all your local calls deal), I am sure it would be beneficial to all the NTL users in here, so I was wondering if you guys/gals would mind me to posting the address ?
I was gonna post it in my sig, but didn't want to get accused of 'spamming' ;)

Please let me know.

Cheers.

E

Embattle

Feel free to post the address......if fact stick it in your sig ;)

O

old.Nizza

Originally posted by Embattle
Feel free to post the address......if fact stick it in your sig ;)

Done.....

LOL-Yes it is :p

I

isuck

you can use the line for the tv to connect another modem to, but it has to be registered with ntl first... i rented a modem for a while and bought another one.. all i needed to do was phone up ntl with the new modem connected and give them the mac address. i also "found" a splitter and used the tv line for the second modem and tv using my video card... but splitters are hard to come by....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom