ntl - be warned

O

old.CannonFodder

ntl, huh! - ok I got my cable modem up and running a week ago - three days of high speed bliss - then, BANG - problems on "my local loop" - four days later and my connection is still dropping frequently throughout the day - those thinking of signing to ntl have been warned.

In their defense I'd like to say that when it DOES work, it utterly kicks - I was able to set up a peer to peer Voyager Elite match with a mate the other night - connecting to my machine he was reading a ping time of between 12 and 20ms, which is basically "in the room" if you ask me.

right - c-ya on the field of battle,

Cannon_Fodder ;)

P

Perplex

ok, here's the reason why it's happening. I discovered a fix for it, and told the Tech Support department, who were utterly amazed.

A) What frequency is the downstream locking to now
B) What frequency is the downstream locking to before
C) What channel ID is set in "Configuration" under config manager
D) What frequency is set in "Configuration" under config manager
E) What region do you live in
F) Do you have the Motorola SB4100 (USB)

Answer me those, and i'll have it working for you in about 10 minutes

O

old.CannonFodder

thanks for responding Perplex,

the ntl team seem to have righted the problem - it's now been a whole day and a half without disconnection - when I phoned them they informed me that others on my loop had been having the same problem, which lead to me believe that the problem was not local to my machine - I hope you don't mind my bookmarking your reply in case the problem kicks off again, for referencing your "config" solution.

again, cheers :)

k - off to get my butt kicked (again)

C_Fodder

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom