NS Spec ?

dohhhh

Fledgling Freddie
Anybody over rr5 tried both blade- and pierce spec ?
Dinging rr7 any moment now and im considering trying out bladeshade.

Which is better for a rr7 ns . Pierce or blades ?

give pro and cons pwees :)
And a template with GSV in PM would be nice :cheers:

Ziz

Fledgling Freddie
Pierce is easier

5 sec evade stun yes plz
less effected by str/con ? sure thing
dual debuffing weapon art good

cons

u get raped by casted resists most likely but u should SC ny mainhander nyway so X_X

Blade pros are about

Malice axe :/

not haveing to swap weapons

u get a better temp since malice/battler or malice/croc is very SC friendly

I was pierce a week with MP heater tearing trough pretty much everything
twas no challenge and not even remotely fun :/ + i cant stand the look of pierce

im blades and will remain so

Frozodo

Fledgling Freddie
must say got two rr5 ns. old style blade which was alot easier than piercer bear in mind before toa :p but anyhoo with remedy u should be fine ^^ go blades for a laugh :D

Burnwall

Fledgling Freddie
Ziz said:
Pierce is easier

5 sec evade stun yes plz
less effected by str/con ? sure thing
dual debuffing weapon art good

cons

u get raped by casted resists most likely but u should SC ny mainhander nyway so X_X

Blade pros are about

Malice axe :/

not haveing to swap weapons

u get a better temp since malice/battler or malice/croc is very SC friendly

I was pierce a week with MP heater tearing trough pretty much everything
twas no challenge and not even remotely fun :/ + i cant stand the look of pierce

im blades and will remain so

hmm if i got this right BladeNS is the best assasin in the game becuse they always have top meelee/style dmg and dont need to use LGM weapons... so isnt that easymode insted of Pirc ?

Ziz

Fledgling Freddie
Burnwall said:
hmm if i got this right BladeNS is the best assasin in the game becuse they always have top meelee/style dmg and dont need to use LGM weapons... so isnt that easymode insted of Pirc ?
could be if it werent for the fact that style/melee dmg sucks monkey nuts and gets outdamage after LW debuff nyway

Frozodo

Fledgling Freddie
Ziz said:
could be if it werent for the fact that style/melee dmg sucks monkey nuts and gets outdamage after LW debuff nyway

that is if they debuff, ziz admit it u take the easy mode all the time and still u complain :touch:

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
being blades doesnt mean you have to use malice+croc/battler.
you could get dual leggys whit blades allso

Lick

Loyal Freddie
I've been malice/battler combo for a while now and I find them to be good but considering my RR I want to be better - there are some opponents that I struggle against when I shouldn't have to . I've been thinking of going pierce dual legendaries for some time now , I just need a good template. Being high RR allows you to have a higher CD spec and with dual legs of the same damage type it gives more of a chance of the dubuff proccing with the amount of hits you do. Another point to consider is that with a successful stun - you can then carry on into the Crit spec reactive styles - which is the whole reason for going crit spec - the uber growth rate. It may be considered easy mode but theres an easy enough solution for that - just go solo during primetime.
The main disadvantage with malice and battler imo is that with malice you have to drop out of combat, and if you are too quick with the use2 you get penalised with a "you must wait 1 second before performing another action" timer and i also hear that the battler charge breaks any mezzed targets. Aside from that there is also the con/hp loss of switching out to other envenomed weapons, it would be better to get a weapon similarly sc'd than to use a legenadary which is the mistake i made i think. With the melee style/damage bonus you recieve from using these arties ,as far as low str races are concerned, i think its only there to compensate for considerably lower damage stat. Don't get me wrong tho - they are very good weapons in certain situations , you just have to be good at using them appropriatley. I'm also getting lazy which is why i find the idea of having DB again very attractive - i get hamstring off all the time its just that my opponent evades my following chains and the stun would deny them this.

Ziz

Fledgling Freddie
Lick m8 try 41 cs 40 CS 30 env 32 stealth 33 pierce with dual LWs ;)

twas hax

Slytale

Loyal Freddie
ok well...

hi yes ...

I've tried both .. even blades at RR9 ...

decent template and all ..

If you go blades .. you HAVE to spec high cs to make it viable .. else your damage is poo.

Pierce LGW > *

dohhhh

Fledgling Freddie
ukis. Currently using ctd in offhand and switching mainhand between heat\cold\matter\spirit and golden spear depending on resists and enemy.

Im tempted trying a blades spec tho, so i think i will soon. Just gotta figure out the easiest way to get malice. Just buy the arti and scroll, and get the encounter perhaps. Does Malice encounter get "farmed" often ?

Zvixx

Fledgling Freddie
Piece of the rox using matter/spirit lw combo roxxor blade is to weak since lurikeen/elf aint got any str nearly!

pierce->all

Havnt read all posts, but here are my 2 cents.

Blades = more utlity, easier 2v1 and 3v1. Also easier to kill classes like minstrels and shit due to more artis /use.

Pierce does more dmg vs infils for exampel. casted resist buffs will hurt u alot. DB ( 5 s stunn ) = i win, tho since purge is on 15 mins timer only or on sbs that are high rr 5 min, they will ALWAYS purge.

I'd say , either u go pierce for DB and dual heaters, or u go blades for item dumps :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom