NS Advice Plx!

Stalkz

Fledgling Freddie
Ok so i havent played my NS in many many years, i see the current trend is to go Blades, so i respecced my Luwi to Blades.

Off the top of my head hes

44 Blades
39 CS
35 Stealth / Env
22 CD

I think thats his current spec, RR4L9, and totally untemplated.

I picked up Malice Axe and Battler for now (both lvl0 atm lol) while i exp him to CL5 to get the Champ Weapon.

Only other Arti he has is SoM which is lvl10.

Only decent piece of armour he has is Galla NS Vest, oh and i think a WS bracer in his bank.

Im trying to get the Bracer of Folly and MoH on him ASAP before we move to Ywain.

I'll have a look for a decent NS template that fits in MoH, Folly, SoM and Galla BP, or if not i'll try my hand at making one myself with Gearbunny.

What RA's should i go for? i think i have MoP3, Aug Str3 and Purge1 on him, not too sure without logging him on to check.

also Styles... im thinking i should be opening with PA where possible? and using Prismatic Blade as my bread and butter style most of the time? with Leaper debuff off Evade chain? Any advice on what styles i should be using would be most helpful.

And the usual /stick to enemy while spamming me styles + NS insta DD i assume? :)

Any help would be appreciated

eble

Fledgling Freddie
you need punishment.... no I'm serious he'll be along any minute

Yrendan

Can't get enough of FH
purge 3 mos 2 rest pain ;c or ask Deception I'm a noob stealther!

Stalkz

Fledgling Freddie
Oh wait yeah i got Mos3, maybe its not Aug Str3 lol, i definitly have MoS3... havent really played him much, been playing alot of Alb on me Friar :)

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
tbh to be good just put everything into aug dex/qui save the rest of the points for a rainy day.. then roam in laby.. just let me know when ure online i'll log sb :).... honsestly though punishment seems pretty good he'll point ya in the right direction..

Minstrel

Can't get enough of FH
cd spec is no longer an option for a ns? I remember my old ns spec was really imba.. 50cd 21cs 32blades 32 stealth and rest in env.

Metalwolf

One of Freddy's beloved
/laugh on those that think they will /respec they luri ns to celt

just the new NS can be Celt, old ones will be luris all his life

Stalkz

Fledgling Freddie
/laugh on those that think they will /respec they luri ns to celt

just the new NS can be Celt, old ones will be luris all his life

Fuck me did you goto school to learn to a be moron or was you just magically gifted with it? Tosser...

No ones talking about respeccing Luwis to be Celts /boggle

Its been standard for a good while for Luri NS to go Blades... wanker

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
my ns is 44 blades (prismatic blade is too nice to ignore tbh)
34 CS (pa still does nice dmg as does hamstring and leaper [this is with +16 cs ofc])
34 stealth/venom - obvious reasons
and then
32 CD - tornado off evade style is rather nice to use in a Tornado/Horizon Blade/Dancing Blade/Hamstring/Leaper Combo :)

I was pierce to rr6L5 but this was pre-style changes, i did try 44 pierce and didnt like it tho

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Stalkz - ignore the whelp using bablefish - nothing that he said makes sense.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
my ns is 44 blades (prismatic blade is too nice to ignore tbh)
34 CS (pa still does nice dmg as does hamstring and leaper [this is with +16 cs ofc])
34 stealth/venom - obvious reasons
and then
32 CD - tornado off evade style is rather nice to use in a Tornado/Horizon Blade/Dancing Blade/Hamstring/Leaper Combo :)

I was pierce to rr6L5 but this was pre-style changes, i did try 44 pierce and didnt like it tho

44 pierce is not a good spec - I tend to agree with you. However for some weird reason I preferred my shade as pierce. I cannot figure out why but I just never liked blades.

When transfer comes I am moving back to pierce asap.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
44 pierce is not a good spec - I tend to agree with you. However for some weird reason I preferred my shade as pierce. I cannot figure out why but I just never liked blades.

When transfer comes I am moving back to pierce asap.

can't say that i disagree i hate blades with a passion, golden spear/cw was fun!

but nopes blades is the only viable spec now really especially at my rr, maybe in a few rr's i'll go back to blades and rape it up but no decent weapons either anymore, i use

fsls/technomancer/cw/battler/leggies

as pierce i used gs/cw/moz/leggies :(

Stalkz

Fledgling Freddie
I allways played as Pierce, so getting used to blades is new for me, although i used to know a good few blades rangers back in the day, and the odd blades NS.

At one point i was 50 CD 50 Pierce on my NS lol, like a mini BM, didnt really work out too well though.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Not being a smartass but if i was below rr6 id reroll celt in a heartbeat :D

Im prolly gonna make one anyway , 44 blades is very nice and 39 cs is enough , ra wise you want purge 3 mos 2 lw 1 and pain 2 at 4/9 , i remember when i was 4/9 it was the day them removed remedy as a nightshade only ability , fuuuuuuuuuuu :(

Punishment

Resident Freddy
cd spec is no longer an option for a ns? I remember my old ns spec was really imba.. 50cd 21cs 32blades 32 stealth and rest in env.

Im 50 blades 45 cd and i do fine , takes a different approach but works well only 13 cs :p

Puppet

Part of the furniture
I'm blades while not having 44 Blades-spec. I preferred putting points into CD instead of getting all the way to 44 Blades to get a style which is only marginally better then Meteor Shower in CD.

Trade-off is really that your anytime is slightly less good (0.89 vs 0.94 GR from top of my head) but you get more CD which results in more offhand-swings (more often and faster poison application).

My spec is 32 Stealth, 34 Blades, 32 Venom, 44 CD, 39 CD or something along those lines (at RR8)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
I'm blades while not having 44 Blades-spec. I preferred putting points into CD instead of getting all the way to 44 Blades to get a style which is only marginally better then Meteor Shower in CD.

Trade-off is really that your anytime is slightly less good (0.89 vs 0.94 GR from top of my head) but you get more CD which results in more offhand-swings (more often and faster poison application).

My spec is 32 Stealth, 34 Blades, 32 Venom, 44 CD, 39 CD or something along those lines (at RR8)

Yea im thinking of respeccing to 44 cs 44 cd 31 blades 30 ste 27 envenom for the lols as lifebane sux anyway and thunderstorm is a decent anytimer anyway ;)

Minstrel

Can't get enough of FH
Im 50 blades 45 cd and i do fine , takes a different approach but works well only 13 cs :p

If i were to play ns again (hopefully soon enough) i would go for 21 CS just for PA :D very nice to open with PA strafe side to land ice storm!!!
:twak:

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
My shade is currently:

30 blade
50 cd
29 env
29 stealth
35 cs

+21 everything ofcourse pwns ;)

Im really pissed of celt ns so i rolled an inf and i can get that spec but then 35 stealth and env @ rr1 so celt ns be ready to be rolled mwahahha :flame::flame:

Look out for Hysterica ;)

Dutch_NS

Can't get enough of FH
You big fotmface cyclodia :p

:D Ah well was on mid also made a hunter but did not like it that much, and i deleted my rr6 sb from pryd :( So that i could play alb still regret that !! But now i made a nice briton inf :D

Full ml10 temp btw \o/ poor celts :(

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
I went 50 cd 10 cstrike 45 blades on mine and seemed to do fine against pretty much whatever i faced. exept warrior alotta strafeing and side stunning with 1 wep on prismatic blade with mezz and new poisen round it came out good
But allso viper 3 helps alot :p

But purge 3 mos2 then mop until u can go viper 3 imo, viper3 lifebane is hurting once their purge down reapply and drop the dot mine aswell :p
Only thing it will gimp ur damage alot vs is assasins above rr5 that is quick enough to push remedy havent met anyone yet though since they seem to try for the PA too much and cd u often start off with sidestun or just anytime meteorshower i liked that spec tbh, Opening with back stab on casters to remove brittle guard and bt dont need much more unless it is called arumi ;) back stab he purge then vanish and retry :p

eble

Fledgling Freddie
I might PL a celt NS tonight, at 50 I'll see what it's like.

Just PL'd a Shar Vamp this week, only to realise I don't like the look of it and now I'll PL a luri vamp

Stalkz

Fledgling Freddie
I made a Celt Vamp, bit disappointing really, seems like a decent PVE farm bot for pl'ing other toons with, thats about it... cant really comment on it for RVR as its untemplated and i doubt i'd ever play it.

Tempted to reroll my Luri NS as Celt though :)

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
I made a Celt Vamp, bit disappointing really, seems like a decent PVE farm bot for pl'ing other toons with, thats about it... cant really comment on it for RVR as its untemplated and i doubt i'd ever play it.

Tempted to reroll my Luri NS as Celt though :)

I rolled a shar vamp and at cl 10 with 10 10 10 at creation 400 hits 101 con in temp u have close to 3400 hits :p so i dont regret haveing that many hits and spamming claw like a mental loony :p

Sarumann

Can't get enough of FH
:D Ah well was on mid also made a hunter but did not like it that much, and i deleted my rr6 sb from pryd :( So that i could play alb still regret that !! But now i made a nice briton inf :D

Full ml10 temp btw \o/ poor celts :(

hope just ur ml10 blade spec then :p
ns slash resistant armor > slash feckers :p

Actually enjoy Briton thrust infil dual leggy spec atm its like getting run over by a TGV xD until u meet a fecker that fsls debuff u , i dont have trouble since allways running cele charges but if u dont u swing as slow as a granny's wheelchair uphillracing :p

Stalkz

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm maybe one day i should respec my Vamp then and get him a decent template, i did get him Galla BP a while back, maybe i'll kit him out, CL and ML him up and give him a whirl in RVR.

I just dont like the stygma that seems to be attached to them, most people say they require no skill to play etc and they just spam claw etc etc

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
plenty of high rr vamps on ywain stick/strafe/claw spam peeps down.. perma stealth lore should be removed :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom