NPC Buffers

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
in the teleport keeps

say 20/30g for a set of yellow buffs which you keep until die, another good money sink, peopel will still keep their buffbots because they are preferential but would allow people without a bot to compete for a price.

so players win and mythic wins cos they still keep their cash

i think it's a pretty good idea and i would pay for it in the times when i don't have access to a bot.

will also allow mythic to implement better balancing issues if they can bank on the fact that a majority will be buffed

opinions?

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Fedaykin said:
in the teleport keeps

say 20/30g for a set of yellow buffs which you keep until die, another good money sink, peopel will still keep their buffbots because they are preferential but would allow people without a bot to compete for a price.

so players win and mythic wins cos they still keep their cash

i think it's a pretty good idea and i would pay for it in the times when i don't have access to a bot.

will also allow mythic to implement better balancing issues if they can bank on the fact that a majority will be buffed

opinions?

nice one, but mythic wants you to buy a bot account to compete, so it wont happen anytime soon imo.

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
Dorin said:
nice one, but mythic wants you to buy a bot account to compete, so it wont happen anytime soon imo.
ppl who can "afford" a bot whould probebly buy a acc anyway.
and having buff merchants whould keep ppl w/o bots continue playing...

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Sounds like a nice simple idea. reducing the advantage buffbotted people have over normal people.

Renwind

One of Freddy's beloved
if u want to compete buy a 2:nd account and pl a cleric/shaman/druid it isnt harder then that or just leech buffs as most that dont have a bb does

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
Renwind said:
if u want to compete buy a 2:nd account and pl a cleric/shaman/druid it isnt harder then that or just leech buffs as most that dont have a bb does

some people dont have access to two computers though, that is the main problem with bots i think

i think this would certainly be a better way of keeping people playing than with their buff shearing ideas

Gama

Fledgling Freddie
One point to remember, though, is that played buff classes generaly only have yellow buffs, and they have to pay half their total spec points to get those buffs, and thats just about all they do get from speccing it.
It would be much akin to having an NPC you walked up to and payed 20g to, and he then gave you an effective 42 in shield, including them Slam, or who gave you the ability to cast like a wizard with ~37 fire spec.

Remember, (some) buffers are people too ;)

[edit] italics...

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
people spec buff lines to rebuff in combat, leaving pk with blue buffs sucks :x

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
I've had this thought myself tbh, but I dont think it will happen... Mythic would infact loose money on it, as i bet SOME ppl would skip their buffbot and buy NPC-buffs instead.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
Gama said:
One point to remember, though, is that played buff classes generaly only have yellow buffs, and they have to pay half their total spec points to get those buffs, and thats just about all they do get from speccing it.
It would be much akin to having an NPC you walked up to and payed 20g to, and he then gave you an effective 42 in shield, including them Slam, or who gave you the ability to cast like a wizard with ~37 fire spec.

[edit] italics...

And who needs more than yellow buffs anyway with MotA and toa items anyway!

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Gama said:

[edit] italics...

Well, the ones with Range (End Regen is a good example) will still only work with a buffer running along or it is a crappy idea imho, and when you have, lets say a shaman, along in the group, you have him along for end regen and ae-desease anyway, so shouldn't make a difference, really?

Tua

Fledgling Freddie
support

All these solutions still eliminate a certain type of ppl from solo competition; the selfbuffers. I know its not seen as wise or clever to solo as a druid/cleric/healer and so on..

But just when i had hit lvl 50 i was split spec, which meant i had blue buffs, big pet and some healing power - and with this i had a great time soloing because the buffbots where not brought into the game at that time.

The argument, you might say, is at fault since support classes are meant for that excatly - but its only half a truth.. Many remember smite being.. well - not underpowered, and the occasional NA druid, before these were regarded as usefull once again. But at a time these classes could have fun soloing aswell as any other class if they specced for it. It is no longer possible to do this with any support char, because your obvious advantage, buffs, is now a disadvantage.

I do not believe it is a good move, and it seems like most if not everyone on these boards only think of buffs as a means to make stealthers viable. This will mean that small groups/duos will have much less use of druids, and thereby further reduce their position in this game.

I have enjoyed playing druid in groups for a looooong time, but im certain that others (Motorhead e.g.) miss the times when you could run around and actually hurt ppl without them evading everything due to their capped buffs.

I do understand the joy from most of the classes, concerning this proposition - but its like in soccer - balls being changed to create more goals, thereby giving attackers more glory - while the keepers turn more and more into laughing stock.

- Tua

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic should just over a premium account, in which you get all the relevant buffs all the time on your toon. They should simply charge 10 euro's more for it, enough people would pay it. Also the people that don't have a 2nd comp to run a 2nd copy of DaoC on it. Most computers don't run so great with 2 versions of DaoC running on it.

Just make the buffs appropriate for the lvl of the toon. Lvl 50's would have lvl 50 enhance buffs all the time.
Problem solved, both Mythic and the customer happy.
Regards, Glottis

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
will the npc's have moa5 and/or +25% buff effectiveness? if not i'm not interested tbh :m00:

its not just about buffs, but who has the _best_ buffbot or BUFFBOTS in some cases, its all a bit sad really.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:
will the npc's have moa5 and/or +25% buff effectiveness? if not i'm not interested tbh :m00:

its not just about buffs, but who has the _best_ buffbot or BUFFBOTS in some cases, its all a bit sad really.

MoA2 and the 22% bonus from the cleric ToA armor is enough to cap stats with yellow buffs. But yes, in the stealther wars, and in the gank squads, the MoA on the buffer can make the difference in winning or losing. But it will make the difference between uber buffed and not buffed much smaller.
Once Mythic offers those perma buffs, they can put ranged buffs into the game so they level the playing field.
Regards, Glottis

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
Konah said:

thats exactly what i mean, MOST people who have a bot will still keep thier bot letting mythic keep thier money, but people who physically cant run a bot will be able to complete a LITTLE more than today, i can solo a lot better with yellow buffs than with none at all,

clerics etc still spec for buffs due to battle buffs and the forthcoming shearing

would be a great change imo

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
yaruar said:
And who needs more than yellow buffs anyway with MotA and toa items anyway!

NPC buffer prolly aint got 25% to Buff stats etc...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Fedaykin said:
some people dont have access to two computers though, that is the main problem with bots i think

i think this would certainly be a better way of keeping people playing than with their buff shearing ideas

you dont need 2 comps to run a bb, just play both in wondowed mode even i can do that and my PC is a shitty spec

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
you dont need 2 comps to run a bb, just play both in wondowed mode even i can do that and my PC is a shitty spec

still gets lag in rvr i can do it no probs in PvE

and lag as a sorcerer = gg your dead

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Buffbots are a part of the game now, can't change that imo.

Change something drasticaly, people will moan/cancel bot account, mythic gets grief and losses money.

NPC buffers, just mean more PvE farming (Zzz) for the cash to compete on an equal lvl as bot users.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Fedaykin said:
thats exactly what i mean, MOST people who have a bot will still keep thier bot letting mythic keep thier money, but people who physically cant run a bot will be able to complete a LITTLE more than today, i can solo a lot better with yellow buffs than with none at all,

clerics etc still spec for buffs due to battle buffs and the forthcoming shearing

would be a great change imo

No it wouldnt be. While it might sound great superficial it isnt. For instance: I often play a druid, specced 40 regrowth 35 nurture. So I spend alot of my points in a buffline. If that gets replaced by an NPC I just lost any reason to spec for it.

But.. when you think about it: I spec for my buffs which you can get an NPC. Well, how about I get PBT from an NPC. Its as passive as buffs; surely you can gimme 6 sec PBT from an NPC. What about crack? Run-Speed? End-regen?!

When you open buff-NPC's you gonna open an era of stuff which will nerf real players. Next thing is the named examples, damage adds, hastes and the like. I dont want my 35 nurture to be replaced by some stupid NPC.

If you care about game-balance you will just put a range on buffs. Just something like 5-10k.

I dont want more nerfs to my class tyvm; buff-shearing is already bad enough for my specced-druid the way it was introduced the first-time. It depends on implementation if its a nerf to my druid or love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom