Now that's fast..

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
I think its fake. I live in sweden and while we have a good internet infrastructure (its possible to get fiberoptics in most towns) i dont see any provider in Karlstad being able to set up a 40gbit line as it would mean taking up most of the towns/areas capacity. Not even our university towns have more than 10gbit dedicated connections running between them and thats for the entire university network of the town (although this will built up to 40gbit over the coming years). Even if she had a functioning 40gbit connection i dont really see the use for it since theres very very few people that could upload to her at more than 100mbit.

FozzySon

Can't get enough of FH
That's because they built it themselves, to prove it can be done and to get providers to think about offering faster connections.

Still envy the jammy granny. Imagine the ratio she'd have on the torrents. :(

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
That's because they built it themselves, to prove it can be done and to get providers to think about offering faster connections.

Still envy the jammy granny. Imagine the ratio she'd have on the torrents. :(

They still have to connect to the town net at some point unless they also laid down their own fiberoptic network all the way to the international exchange nodes, or just have a cable running between their two machines and are happy they can download from each other at 40gbit etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom