now 12:10 pm im lagged or my isp have problems?

Helme

Resident Freddy
Pingplot it?

During the last night our group noticed some complete freezes for 10-15 seconds then it got fine again, happened like once every hour or something.

shaark

Loyal Freddie
im laggy bad , maybe is my isp , outside is raining, i live in france where goa say u dont have lagg but.... what can i say , seems internet is going fine , put online radio 10 min doeasnt stop at all, tryed to logg on daoc couldnt connect :mad:
on the lagg bar the middle buble stay red from red square to triangle the rest are green so if anyone nows the problem i will tks allot if can help me

shaark

Loyal Freddie
i do the trace route and is quite bad for me

Attachments

• ping.JPG
    ping.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 83

shaark

Loyal Freddie
called isp tested conexion on my pc reinstalled the game = same problem
all is fine from my part si goa has problems
maybe is onley from hwo play from france

tks GOA for another fucked sunday :kissit:
was planing to do ML1 today

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
From your pingplot it looks like your ISP routing that's to blame. There isn't anything wrong with your connection to your ISP which is what they tested, it's your ISP routing you to Goa that's the problem. Shout at your ISP some more.

shaark

Loyal Freddie
tested Live For Speed, Vietcong , NWN, LOA , all online games and works perfect, onley daoc still to have problems, dont think is from my isp

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
shaark said:
tested Live For Speed, Vietcong , NWN, LOA , all online games and works perfect, onley daoc still to have problems, dont think is from my isp
It is from your ISP, your ISP is having problems routing to Goa as your pingplot clearly shows. When you connect to all those other games you go through a different route so it's no suprise that you don't have problems with them. Your ISP are the only people who can solve that problem for you.

shaark

Loyal Freddie
tks m8 hope is onley me who have lagg :cheers:

i will wait until the problem is fixed, now i can't even connect to daoc :(

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Specifically, the problem is around the panix.net router. any ping losses past that can be attributed to it, as it'll be losing the return packets from the others too.

I'd suggest sending the plots to your ISP, and asking them to talk to Panix.net.

You'll probably find that if you do a pingplot to the servers of your other games, you'll find they don't go via that panix.net router.

Darzil

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
I've been having similar problems, however i only get lagg and go LD constatnly after 6:30 each night. I'm going to be doing some packet sniffing once i get home to try and find out what's causing this.

From my inital investigations i was saying that my DNS server was doing this, however it was using Port 0 to do this. and that just ain't right.

anyway i'll let you all know how i got on , even if you don't want to ;P

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
I have to admit i got some lagg last night, but so did the rest of the server, i was playing hib/pry and towards say 9:30 - 10 , it started getting really bad ... so when i went LD , i didnt' come back on, i was off playings CS:S instead =)

illu

Part of the furniture
The lag was brief but annoying last night, at least 3 or 4 instances of 10 second freezing - which is bloody annoying in the middle of a fight!

It's seems stable 98% of the time, so that's good, but please can someone look into why these lag freezes happened? It seemed server wide, from people all over europe affected.

Oli - Illu

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
illu said:
It's seems stable 98% of the time, so that's good, but please can someone look into why these lag freezes happened? It seemed server wide, from people all over europe affected.

Getting same from Dubai. Seems to be a general problem with routing to GoA servers. Tried other Euro based websites and games no problem at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom