Not use FH in a few hours and.....

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
.... The template i use is gone :(

Gone back to the green. The one i used looked like my work intranet so could get away with it

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Sparx said:
and adds on the bottom too

What theme was it you used?

I removed SteelBlue and 1 other, I need to ugprade them to cater for 3.5.4 but not had the time....

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
seams silly how a forum for a game advertises ways to illegaly break the CoC.
I know they need money to run the site but Gold sellers and hax sites are not a smart thing to advertise :twak: :(

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
I am still on Steel Blue here atm... I think...its blue'ish and steely anyway.

Tilda

Well if every daocer paid the £10 subs, we wouldnt need adds would we...

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Tilda said:

Tried, tried and better tried. Have posted on the Feedback section. I cannot get to PayPal via the button on the paid subscription section of my User CP, it repeatedly times out or just doesn't do anything at all.

Bit difficult to pay when I can't get through :)

EDIT Ahha it now works. I see there are new tariff options so that might have been why it wasn't working before. Have duly coughed up.

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
I'd love to subscribe, but Paypal hates me and my girly noobiness, so unless they can take credit/debit payments, not custom title for me :(

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
Tilda said:
Well if every daocer enters those sites on adds and buys certain stuff there wouldn't be any daocer left now would there...

Adds in general are fine but come on, these are just stupid :D Give more "space" for the ones paying that £10 and people might actually be interested in doing it (been able to ignore mods would rock - mod spamming pointless crap on threads = :S and that alone would probably get plenty of subscribers).

GReaper

Part of the furniture
What benefits does a subscription give?

The text at the bottom should link to a page describing what exactly a subscription gives you, how it benefits the user paying for it and how it benefits FreddysHouse.

Would the forums get new hardware for when the site is busy? etc.

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Tilda said:
Well, I don't mind paying a little something but I'm not that rich and paying 15 euro's for a forum is a bit much in my opinion.
If it were something like 5 euro's I'd probably pay... cos well, I did aswell for prydwen.se but 15 euro's is just over the top.

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
make nice themes come back !

green thing and brown thing are just :puke: :'(

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Naetha said:
I'd love to subscribe, but Paypal hates me and my girly noobiness, so unless they can take credit/debit payments, not custom title for me :(

You can register a credit card with PayPay, it's just a bloody faff because they credit you an amount, then you have to use your credit card to pay them back before it's officially registered. Still I use my credit card via a PayPal account every now and then.
I just don't really like PayPal full stop to be honest but I guess it's the easiest way of transfering money. You can also set up a DD account from your bank and you then just transfer whatever amount is needed via your bank, just takes a bit longer.

Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
Well, I don't mind paying a little something but I'm not that rich and paying 15 euro's for a forum is a bit much in my opinion.
If it were something like 5 euro's I'd probably pay... cos well, I did aswell for prydwen.se but 15 euro's is just over the top.

Take a look at the subs page, there are a number of different options varying in price. I don't think £10, or 15 Euros in your case, for a year's subscripton is really that excessive is it?

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Cadiva said:
Take a look at the subs page, there are a number of different options varying in price. I don't think £10, or 15 Euros in your case, for a year's subscripton is really that excessive is it?
I have looked at the subs page and the month / 6month subscriptions are new, aswell as the larger inbox and elite forum access with them. Atleast that's an improvement. Can think about it now... but I'd like a few other options aswell besides paypal... Perhaps an IBAN/BIC bank number would be handy...

And for the 15 euro's being excessive, well... that is your opinion. I happen to think otherwise...

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
I have looked at the subs page and the month / 6month subscriptions are new, aswell as the larger inbox and elite forum access with them. Atleast that's an improvement. Can think about it now... but I'd like a few other options aswell besides paypal... Perhaps an IBAN/BIC bank number would be handy...

And for the 15 euro's being excessive, well... that is your opinion. I happen to think otherwise...

I agree, it would be nice to just be able to pay via Visa or a BACS transfer but they cost money to implement. PayPal is a pain in the arse but you can set up an account and then use a credit card through it.

As for the cost, obviously I don't know your personal circumstances or anything so no point arguing over that issue :)

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Cadiva said:
I agree, it would be nice to just be able to pay via Visa or a BACS transfer but they cost money to implement. PayPal is a pain in the arse but you can set up an account and then use a credit card through it.

As for the cost, obviously I don't know your personal circumstances or anything so no point arguing over that issue :)
Well, IBAN/BIC doesn't cost you anything. IBAN is an International Bank Account Number and transferring thru there, having the settings on Shared Costs makes it cost you (sender and receiver) thesame as a national electronic transfer, which is nothing in most countries (all that I know off).

All banks within the EU already have these numbers for their bank accounts. It's just a matter of asking your bank for it etc...

From the ECBS IBAN page:

Each Bank in the European Union servicing euro accounts must:
  • Calculate the IBANs of the accounts they service
  • Inform their customers of the IBAN of the account and the BIC of the bank on their statements or in an annex to the statement
Each Ordering Customer must:
  • Use the correct IBAN and BIC in their euro cross-border credit transfer, particularly within the EU and for transfers up to 12500€, if they wish to benefit from the fees applied to domestic transfers

Edit: And I'd rather have a bronze / silver / gold / platinum memberships like:
Bronze: EUR 2.00 1yr membership. Forum Access, One star below name
Silver: EUR 5.00 1yr membership. Custom Title, Forum Access, Two stars below name
Gold: EUR 10.00 1yr membership. Custom Title, Forum Access, PM box enlargement, Three stars below name
Platinum: EUR 15.00 1yr membership. Custom Title, Forum Access, PM box enlargement, @freddyshouse email, Four stars below name

--- Or something :)

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Cadiva said:

You don't need to have a PayPal account to pay people any more, as long as FH has the right sort of PayPal account themselves.

Clicky

Outlander

Part of the furniture
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
Edit: And I'd rather have a bronze / silver / gold / platinum memberships like:
Bronze: EUR 2.00 1yr membership. Forum Access, One star below name
Silver: EUR 5.00 1yr membership. Custom Title, Forum Access, Two stars below name
Gold: EUR 10.00 1yr membership. Custom Title, Forum Access, PM box enlargement, Three stars below name
Platinum: EUR 15.00 1yr membership. Custom Title, Forum Access, PM box enlargement, @freddyshouse email, Four stars below name
I would pay £20 if it meant I could get a neon light around my name :p

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
eggy said:
You don't need to have a PayPal account to pay people any more, as long as FH has the right sort of PayPal account themselves.

Clicky

Raaaar :) Unfortunately I gave in to PayPal a couple of years ago and have an account. At least I can now use it while browsing with Firefox whereas before I had to use poxy IE to get it to work at all.

Crash

One of Freddy's beloved
green theme is reminscent of the old Barrysworld Forums :D:D ahh the days of the postcount :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom