Not sure on this one, could use some input

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
From the GOA site on clustering :

"If you want to play on both servers on two different realms and you haven't created your characters yet, it's now or never, otherwise you will only be able to play on a single realm. If you have characters on different realms on these servers, you will be able to log onto the other one only after a period of one hour. And please note that if you have characters on two different realms, and you delete one of your characters, it will not be possible to restore him. So please go slowly, think twice, hit accept once, as the saying goes."

Will this mean you can not longer create, say a mid, even if you already have one ? Will the rest of your character slots still be usuable or not ?

Thanks in advance
Erulin the Bloody

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
it means that you cant change realms anymore except if you delete all you characters you will only be able to create chars in your home realm:cheers:

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
So lets say I have Albs on Excal, but haven't rolled anything on Pyrd yet... I won't be able to pick my realm if I ever start on Pyrd but will automatically be dumped on the Alb creation screen ?

Erulin the Bloody

eble

Fledgling Freddie
yes mate,

if you have alb only, after clustering, alb is all you will get.

just think of it as just one server now.

Eble

Jolo

Fledgling Freddie
This seriously needs to change imo - I play alb/excal almost exclusively, but have made alts on hib/pryd on one of my accounts - now if I want to have my other account on hib/pryd also they're telling me this is impossible [unless i delete my alb/excal char's]? How long has this been known? A post on the web one day before the cluster really isn't enough warning imo - or did I miss something?

J :eek7:

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
Jolo said:
This seriously needs to change imo - I play alb/excal almost exclusively, but have made alts on hib/pryd on one of my accounts - now if I want to have my other account on hib/pryd also they're telling me this is impossible [unless i delete my alb/excal char's]? How long has this been known? A post on the web one day before the cluster really isn't enough warning imo - or did I miss something?

Totaly aggree. I have mids on both my accounts on Pyrd, but I'd hate to be in the shoes of the person that got at the office, checked the webpage and couldn't run home to quickly make a few Pyrd/Excal alts...

Erulin the Bloody

Anarawan

Fledgling Freddie
Jolo said:

U missed something, GOA has being alerting that point since the clustering in US.

The only thing i regret is that the clustering is already late.

Jolo

Fledgling Freddie
Anarawan said:
U missed something, GOA has being alerting that point since the clustering in US.

The only thing i regret is that the clustering is already late.

Fair enough [maybe] - but now I know how Arthur Dent felt when his house was demolished to make way for a hyper-space bypass, and he hadn't happened to see the planning proposals which had been available for months in some place he'd never see them ;)

J :mad:

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
Jolo said:
Fair enough [maybe] - but now I know how Arthur Dent felt when his house was demolished to make way for a hyper-space bypass, and he hadn't happened to see the planning proposals which had been available for months in some place he'd never see them ;)

J :mad:

Alpha Centauri... the building plans have been at your dispossal for 120 years (?)

Erulin the Bloody

Crash

One of Freddy's beloved
its a bit cheeky imo because theoretically, theyre robbing people of the opportunity to try another realm if they have dedicated there time to 1 realm, why should they delete hours/days of hard-time to start again from absolute scratch ? or buy another account just to see another realm ? its not as i they can tell you to go Camlann because Cam is just brutal....

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
I'd call it a bit more then cheecky.... What if you just bought the game.... you can only try 1 realm if you don't want to go PvP with Da Dudes or speak Ze German or Ze French

Erulin the Bloody

Aklaim

Fledgling Freddie
Sucks if u buy a account for a BB now you have to buy 2 if you play Hib
/ Mid like me ;/

Erulin

One of Freddy's beloved
I heard that these rules only apply to accounts opened before clustering. Not sure though....

Erulin the Bloody

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Jolo said:

you missed something, even alot. READ goa homepage news. it was known months ago that if you dont have enything on the other server it will be automatically same realm as the other.

Nul

Fledgling Freddie
I rolled some chars on hib/prywd a long time ago when u could
do a /level 30. Both on main and BB acct.

There has been information about this both here and on GOAs webby.
http://daoc.goa.com/news/view_news.php3?id_article=3638

I tryed my 38 ani and 38 bard BB yesterday and it felt sick fighting ur
own buddies! hehe. Can hardly kill a 50 anyway so not much harm done. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom