not something I would put in a press release

P

PJS

"Currently Dark Age of Camelot has more than 220,000 paying subscribers. More than 600,000 people have played Dark Age of Camelot worldwide, since its release in October 2001. The popularity of the game is evidenced by the fact that more than 60,000 people play simultaneously at peak times."

look everyone our game is soooo good 380,000 people have left to find greener grass

PS thats a lot of archers

O

old.Dillinja

People get bored. People leave. So what?

H

hellraisermk2

Or maybe the 600,000 is the worldwide (ie, including the US/ Asia, etc) as it states, and the 200,000+ refers to the European player base.

O

old.Plebo

If they've managed to retain one third of their customers over that period, then i'd say that they were doing very well indeed.

T

trigali

600 000 people have played also means 600 000 have bought a CD at £20 each or so.

It is a measure of success. Even when they did not pursue after the end of the trial, it's still about £12,000,000 in the bank.

I'll take 1% of that with pleasure and buy myself a Porsche.

A

Alrindel

Mythic's numbers are often very fuzzy. They have brought out that 220,000 subscribers several times recently, but a couple of weeks ago Sanya said that at that moment, Mythic had 154,000 active accounts open. Which means that GOA + Italy = 66,000 subscribers... except that GOA just sold 150,000 copies of Shrouded Isles. :confused: :rolleyes: :confused:

Personally I think that if 600,000 people try a game and 220,000 like it enough to sign up for long-term subscriptions, that's a pretty amazing retention rate.

O

old.Glendower

One in three happy customers is a crap retention rate on this side of the pond. Particularly when you massage the statistics to get it. Consider the high number of dual (and more) account holders, for instance, not even going into the fuzzy math of how they arrive at the posted figures.

It will drop fast and hard when DE and Horizons and WoW come out, too.

C

chi_

Originally posted by old.Glendower
It will drop fast and hard when DE and Horizons and WoW come out, too.

I very much doubt that. People said UO would die when EQ was released, people said EQ would die when AO/DAoC were released.

B

Balbor

so you still paly all the game you own, even the ones from 5-6 years back? Some people may have brought the game and realised its not very playable on there 56k modem etc :(

D

Danya

TBH I wonder why Glendower even plays... All he does is bitch and moan.

K

katt!

Originally posted by chi_
I very much doubt that. People said UO would die when EQ was released, people said EQ would die when AO/DAoC were released.

people said AO/DAOC were gonna die when AC2 was released.. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom