Not optimum mode ?What does it mean.

Blackchaos

Fledgling Freddie
When i start to play a game it shows me a screen that says: Not optimum mode, recommended mode 1280*1024 60 hz ? What is causing that anybody has idea?I have a nice computer with 2 gb pc 3200 ram ,+3000 (2Ghz),Geforce 6800,motherboard 8KDA3J...main things :).Cheers for any info you can give me ^^ :clap:

Herjulf

Banned
Sounds to me like it is your GFX card drivers that have some part/fucntion that tells you that its no ideal to run at the resolution + refreshrate you do.

And i got to agree, not good to have a screen that flicker as fast as a sorc do lifetap. Hurts your eyes.

If possible raise refresh rate to 75hz or more.
Depends on if daoc tries to force you to run at 60hz, but i dont think so.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Blackchaos.

I'm guessing you have a flatpanel monitor.

Flatpanels aren't like CRT monitors; they have a "optimal" resolution (as there is a set number of pixels on the screen". This varies depending on the size of the monitor. This "native" resolution is 1280x1024 for both 17 and 19 inch screens.

It's more likely your actual monitor telling you to increase the res. If you play in a different resolution, it won't look as good. Besides, with a PC like that you want it on max!

:cheers:

Blackchaos

Fledgling Freddie
Thnx, problem aint with DAoC though :) run it on max settings and have no problems.I just downloaded a demo game and it sayd that to me, so i was a little curious... :cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom