"Not enough disk space - Setup requires 37GB.." when trying to install DR

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
I downloaded the 822MB DR setup.exe file from US last night, ready to change the update.dat etc.; on running the setup it says "not enough disk space - setup requires 37GB to run and you only have 4.5 GB available"...

My Catacombs folder is on my C: drive, which has 4.5 GB free - I can't see DR changing the game install to a 37GB file, anyone know what's going on here?

Gungo

One of Freddy's beloved
Dunno svart sorry, Downloaded mine from DLgamer yesterday, just installed fine.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Mine said:

You only have 86.000.000kb free but need 132.000.000kb to install the game. You you wish to continue?

I can guarantee it isn't a 132GB install, it's jsut a bit screed up, thats all. Just click ignore and carry on your merry way.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
ooh and it's 3.65 GB by the way, sorry, forgot to say it in last post.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Do you have an oldish OS like win 98? Large file sizes and discs used to get them confused.

Or perhaps it means 3.7Gig when you have 4.5 free.., your OS might not want to dig into that last Gig depending on various settings (trashcan room, undo buffer reserve etc), try freeing another half a gig if possible.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Boni said:
Do you have an oldish OS like win 98? Large file sizes and discs used to get them confused.

I'm running win XP atm, it's just a strangely (badly) designed page. I think it looks at a percent of what's free on your harddrive instead of the actual value :p

Belomar

Part of the furniture
I DLed the Catacombs-to-DR file (731 MB) and it worked fine for me.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
Might have been because I downloaded the amercian cats ---> DR client. Did you do the same svar?

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Yep. I got it to install OK anyway by just clicking 'continue'. Changed the Update.dat file to what it should be for the Euro servers but it now says cannot connect to patch server

<sigh>

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Svartmetall said:
Yep. I got it to install OK anyway by just clicking 'continue'. Changed the Update.dat file to what it should be for the Euro servers but it now says cannot connect to patch server

<sigh>

Should be this in it:

Mythic Patch
patch.camelot-europe.com:1280/updates/english/darkness/mpatch.dat

Make sure there are no spaces at any of the end of lines too.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:
I'm running win XP atm, it's just a strangely (badly) designed page. I think it looks at a percent of what's free on your harddrive instead of the actual value :p

Ah yep if its just the page that appears to be wrong, then some programmer muppet probably used the wrong data type to store them big numbers :)

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
[GOA]Erivoss said:
Should be this in it:

Mythic Patch

Make sure there are no spaces at any of the end of lines too.

That's exactly what it says, but it says "Cannot conect to update server" all the time.

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
Svartmetall said:
That's exactly what it says, but it says "Cannot conect to update server" all the time.

yep sorry - I get the same problem too, checking now why.

edit - works now...

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
My Catacombs client is now doing the same thing, and I've certainly not changed anything in that. It was working fine at 0430 this morning.

I only have 30 mins to sort this out before work, need help

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom