not a feking gain

M

Mage

So I'm pathced to USA server (again) so i change my update file (again) BUT IT NOT WORK! Ohh - look it wants to run the USA patch again1!!

People who run this game need a good look at at emotional damage lawyers - i sue u!

fek fek fek

But wait - lets B calm there's always the DAOC europe website - (what the xML not ben working for how many months??) - PASS me the Mess Webley!!

I

inqy

^^ what he said. in a cycle of trying to update me to the us version :/

S

sugah

you need to edit the update file and then set it to read only :p

O

old.Hardbein

open exporer -> browse to ur camelot dir -> select update.dat file -> r.click -> properties -> under "general" -> enable the "Read only" - box -> problem solved :)

A

Axuk

I've made mine read-only time and time again... I hate to tell you but it hasn't stopped it still happening to me nor a number of other people as I learned yesterday when we were again payched to the US servers en masse.

It's a joke

B

Belsameth

it's a bug in the patcher. Mythic hardcoded it that it'll contact Mythic patch servers if it can't contact whatever is specified in the update.dat.

O

osy

working as intended, imho ;) stlong marketing skills for mythic :)

H

hercules-df

Originally posted by Mage
So I'm pathced to USA server (again) so i change my update file (again) BUT IT NOT WORK! Ohh - look it wants to run the USA patch again1!!

People who run this game need a good look at at emotional damage lawyers - i sue u!

fek fek fek

But wait - lets B calm there's always the DAOC europe website - (what the xML not ben working for how many months??) - PASS me the Mess Webley!!

dude
skip the updater all together
once you have the game running again do this
goto your SI/cam dir, make a new text file called something like camelot.bat - itll say do u wanna change filetype bleh bleh, once this is done right click it and hit EDIT
then just type login.dll and save the file.

now use this .bat file to launch the game, and it skips the hideous updater check, goes str8 to the enter password screen :) obviously when 1.62 is released ud launch the game from its proper exe to get the new files.

J

Jonaldo

Apparently the game has been running fairly smooth lately so they needed to leave a few bugs in-game to fall back on ;)
Will probably be left in until next patch when they introduce some nice new bugs to frustrate us all with :D

H

hellraisermk2

The "read only" option no longer works for the update file. It has a very nasty habit of changing itself regardless of what attributes the file has set on it. Very annoying.

H

hercules-df

laucnh game from login.dll inside a batch file = no more updater hassle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom