Help Nostromo N52

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
not legit - you do find lots of players using them though ......

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I don't see why this should be forbidden. It's just a keyboard replacement, so what?

And just as little note … nobody will ever notice if you DO use it.

tierk

Part of the furniture
I don't see why this should be forbidden. It's just a keyboard replacement, so what?

And just as little note … nobody will ever notice if you DO use it.

Been looking at buying one now that i am back playing the game but its a bugger to find here in Qatar, hoping one of the relatives coming to visit will bring it with them.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I have that exact one, and I don't really use it at all. lol.

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
tried one, but being a left handie - couldnt get used to it....

a lot of the good players use it as you can program functions to it - like face, attack etc :) - very much a cheat item

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
as long as you bind only a single key (or combination like Shift-F) it's all good.
macros aren't in line of the CoC etc. Same goes for other programmable Keyboards/Mice.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
TBH I think there's a lot of players using N95s or HotKeyNet to macro chants, they seem to be getting away with it too. They stand out like a sore thumb because they have perfect twisting despite doing all sorts of other stuff like styling / strafing etc...

I'm not sure that EA/Mythic feel it's worthwhile to crack down on that given the small player base, still there was some rumors on VN a few weeks back about a possible anti HotKeyNet patch - mainly targeted at macro groups like beth.

tierk

Part of the furniture
Nostromo not the best one to get?

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
The n52 is quite widely used amoung daoc players, pallys and wardens with perfect chant twisting are the most noticable users, various VN threads were folks post a picture of the computer setup show a fairly high number of nostromos and g15s etc.

For the average user that uses one key for an anytime and a backup block/evade/parry style or for hitting two insta DD etc it's probably not noticable at all, its the twisting pallys that stand out the most.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
I use the N52, have done for several years now. I first got it for FPS, but it's brilliant for mmorpg's as well.

It took me quite a while to get used to it, when i first bought it i didn't like it at all, it just didn't feel right. But persevere and it slowly becomes a must-have tool.

Used it for DAoC, WAR, Aion and now STO....it's easily the best gaming tool apart from my Razer Deathadder i have ever bought.

The macro function is very basic, so much so that i don't even bother programming it. If you want to macro, get a G15.

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
its fair enough aslong as people dont abuse it.

As soon as you get more than one function out of one click your a cheat thou and should really reconsider your reasoning for playing games.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
N52 will not work in Win 7, well I could not get mine working.

works fine under Windows 7 64-bit. Just set the Nost_LM.exe to be run in Administrator mode.
I'm using the 3.2.4 drivers.

tierk

Part of the furniture
Could always get a Logi G13.

Brother just came back from Thailand with one of these for me!! Now i just got to get a clue on how to use it and then actually get used to playing with it. Anyone have an idiots guide to using the G13 for DAOC?

tierk

Part of the furniture
BEEP BEEB N52 arrived finally and damn it looks sweet i just wish i had time to fiddle with it a bit :(

Punishment

Resident Freddy
MICROSOFT%20Comfort%20Curve%202000.jpg

Thats how i roll !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom