Norway

Mey

Part of the furniture
Off to Norway on thursday flying into oslo then to a town about two hours away where the nazi's had a heavy water planet for abit of ice climbing COD style!

Question is, the british counsel said that if I get vat reciepts I can claim it back when I leave because I play tax in the EU?

Is this true and how do you do it?

Mey

Part of the furniture
Plant, you know what i mean! Ugh Long day in work one day left! WOO!

Chosen

Resident Freddy
You going to Rjukan ? That is right next to where I live :)

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
The same is apparently true of iceland, where ill be going on holiday soon, if you spend over £30 in a shop. I think you take the receipts to someone in the airport before you leave.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Off to Norway on thursday flying into oslo then to a town about two hours away where the nazi's had a heavy water planet for abit of ice climbing COD style!

Question is, the british counsel said that if I get vat reciepts I can claim it back when I leave because I play tax in the EU?

Is this true and how do you do it?

Not sure if this is true tho, since Norway is not a member of EU, but got a deal called EØS. So the rules is a bit different.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Q: How do I reclaim the VAT?
A: Simply ask for your Iceland Refund Cheque where-ever you see the Iceland Refund Tax-free Shopping logo. When you have your tax free cheque you can get your refund prepaid at one of our refund agents located in the main shoppingmalls, City Center Cash Refund or when you leave Iceland simply have the cheque refunded by one of our agents with you to Keflavik Airport go to the Landsbanki Islands located in the far end of the departure hall. Alternatively you can use your Iceland Refund Cheque as payment in the Islandica store at Keflavik Airport or onboard Icelandair for purchases made in Saga boutique. Notice! If the refund amount of a single cheque exceeds ISK 5.000 you must have a export varification stamp by customs before you check-in your goods.

Q: Is there a minimum amount when shopping Tax-free?
A: Yes, it is ISK 4.000

Q: Can I use the Iceland Refund system for all my expenses?
A: No, you can only use it for goods which, you will take with you out of the country. Services are hence not included, nor food which you consume during your stay or gifts which, you tend to leave behind.

obviously not neccesarily the same for norway

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Yup, whats the down low?!

Not sure what you asked here, so had to search it up!

Down-low (also "on the down low" or "on the DL") may refer to any activity or relationship kept discreet. Specifically, it may refer to:

* Keeping an act, action or some other piece of information a secret.
* Down-low (sexual slang): Men who identify as straight, but have sex with men (often a friend) on the side without disclosing this to their female partner(s).

And still the question got me a bit confused :p

Mey

Part of the furniture
Usually it means to keep somthing quiet and to only tell people who are cool enough to know or trustworthy.

Just meant what's cool worthwhile.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Usually it means to keep somthing quiet and to only tell people who are cool enough to know or trustworthy.

Just meant what's cool worthwhile.

Aah :)

Ah, well. If you are headed to Rjukan, I suppose you are very found of the nature(Since that is about it ;P).

You should climb Gaustatoppen(Highest mountain in this area, about 1800+ meters). And ofcourse the very famous Hardangervidda.(a wiiiiide flat area, quite beautifull during winter, and very good place skiing, fishing or hunting.)

Here is a picture of Gaustatoppen during winter.

1_gaustatoppen.jpg

P.S: Bring lots of cloths, because it is seriously cold there atm, climbed it 3 weeks ago now, and with the wind it was about -35-40 degrees celsius, suppose it is even colder there now :p

Mey

Part of the furniture
Back from Norway, loved it. I think it's fair to say you have very few ugly birds.

Driving was a piece of piss despite temps dropping to -22 at some points.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Back from Norway, loved it. I think it's fair to say you have very few ugly birds.

I am glad you liked it here. Should've said something here on forum, could've been a guide. We even have our own hut up at Rjukan(Just at the boarder of hardangervidda).

Chosen

Resident Freddy
The first picture there, is that the icewall(waterfall) right next to the road, after you've driven past Rjukan ? =)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

Scandinavians know how to take care of our roads :)

For the most part....

/edit: Tho you should take a trip over there in the summer as well. And especially take a trip along The Trollstigen Mountain Road, but you cant have a fear of hights :)

http://www.visitnorway.com/en/Articles/Theme/What-to-do/Attractions/Trollstigen-mountian-road/

Mey

Part of the furniture
Sort of, theres two hairpin turns and then a little car park, you walk across the road and then walk down to a gorge.

The area's called Ossimosis by most climbers.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!

Thats the first thing my m8 said to me when he returned. The women are unbelievably stunning.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Sort of, theres two hairpin turns and then a little car park, you walk across the road and then walk down to a gorge.

The area's called Ossimosis by most climbers.

Yeah, been there myself =) (Little while ago tho). Did you go see Hardangervidda or gaustatoppen then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom