Norton stopping during scan

Gray

FH is my second home
So, ive finally got Norton working how i wanted it to, well, all from the fact that everytime i do a full system scan it locks up somewhat.

Last time it did that, it was with an incompleted download, which i didnt need anymore so i eventually deleted it no problems, now its doing it again on a folder which i kind of need.

Its happening this time with Yahoo Messenger / "Yview" folder. It gets to about 40,000 files then stops (But looks like its still trying to scan it). Wont go any further no matter how many times i scan.

I went out and i went to the folder itself to get it, and it worked fine, so im confused why its happening. I will close down Yahoo Messenger and see if that helps while im at work, hopefully there could be some more causes though regarding this.

The other problem is, when i restart my computer, the AV doesnt "Autoprotect" itself. This is just a new thing which happened, after i was trying to get it to schedule. I got it working but now that wont AP :p. Grr

Its Norton IS 2004, ideas on a postcard!

Gray

FH is my second home
K sorted it after getting peeved off enough to check every nook and cranny.

1) Was disabled at startup because of the Services (Being set as "Manual" and not "Automatic").

2) I checked and found this regarding the problem. The Norton/Symantec website is rather shite, and so is their "Tech Support". 'kin hell :/.

Basically i went into the AV and set it to manual, then unchecked the "Scan compressed files". To check, i did an Online scan first, which completed / no virii, and then i did one from windows, which completed.

Probs (for today) solved!

smurkin

Can't get enough of FH
ppfftt....I really dont like Norton...it uses loadsa mem, bloated as buggery & can be really phinicky....as for subscribing for updates :eek7:

I'm currently on Nod32 - its cheap, compact, ultra sensitive & isnt Norton or McAffee or PCcillin - still have to but into updates, but you cant win them all...all that compactness...unfortunately its not great at removing viruses..just detecting them (even ones without definitions)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I've used NAV for years, its stopped every single infection attempt. Its really rather good imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom