Northland City!

Diamonds_Plz

Fledgling Freddie
i would step up but i dont know how much time ill have now that i have a gf, before it was no problem to spend 12 hours on MC but now i might have a problem!

Chosen

Resident Freddy
i would step up but i dont know how much time ill have now that i have a gf, before it was no problem to spend 12 hours on MC but now i might have a problem!

Well, its not required to build the city in one day :p Just look at Southland City, it still aint done!

But if you want to be in charge of it, then I'd say go for it!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ofcourse it has to be pointed out that there hasn't HAVE to be a city, if northern folk want to be cave living nomads instead of southern organisationlists :D

I'm plannking already on the netherworld, which will mostly involve a worldchange(PLEASE inform if you have stuff there) and then a big building project...which is a surprise :p

When i get online(hrry should ease up this week), i'll start off with some topsie building. Always wanted to build something and think i will.

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Finished laying out the pitch for Northland FC last night:

Next I shall add lava floodlights so I can see it at night :)

JingleBells

FH is my second home

(Click for big)

Can't believe how much stone I've used already, also just as I started on the end to the left I realised my pitch wasn't symmetrical and had to redo half the markings so it's all symmetrical and the nether block floodlights can be evenly spaced properly

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Starting to look nice, eager to see the finished product :)

JingleBells

FH is my second home
Starting to look nice, eager to see the finished product :)

And we have a stadium:

(Click for big)

The wood in the far corner is test seating which Chosen designed and once I've sharpened my axe and pickaxe should be completed :)

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Looks very nice indeed :) I helped you out some with the roof if you dont mine :)

Zede

Part of the furniture
any chance we could have a new map of the maps ?, be nice to see what has been built in the last few months :)

Chosen

Resident Freddy
I will generate a new map later on today, so you can see it =)

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Just struggling with some minor issues, have to find a new program to convert the picture, since it is so freaking huge :p

Insane

Wait... whatwhat?
If the VPS has Python 2.6 installed and Apache2, you could look at Minecraft Overviewer
It gives you a reasonably decent zoomable Google Maps type interface to look at the maps, it takes a while to run so doing it weekly on a cron job is worthwhile. it also means you can push the output to the Apache2 directory on the webserver so people can browse to it to view the maps directly.

Of course, if your feeling suicidal you could always try to setup a tectonicus mapper instead, but that involves a tonne of fiddling with xvfb/X or something and has been known to not work except in a limited scope of server environments. I've done some fiddling with it and have only managed to get it running on a Ubuntu 10.04 LTS server so far :( But it produces a similar Google Maps style interface.

they each have their own advantages (when you get it working) so it depends on how much setup you want to do. but the benefit is you can cronjob them both and have it done weekly at a set time.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Online now :) Was a short restart on it I think.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Sorry about that, it is up again :) (my misstake)

Zede

Part of the furniture
Just struggling with some minor issues, have to find a new program to convert the picture, since it is so freaking huge :p

erm...how we gettin with this ? :worthy:

Chosen

Resident Freddy
I got the picture etc, but it is so freaking large(43MB) - And trying to find a solution to convert it. If anyone able to cut some of it using photoshop or so. I can just send it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom