Northampton Smells of Shit.

Kryten

Old Cow.
"Can you smell shit? No, it's nothing out of the ordinary. It's just your car vents."

That's according to the morons at our council who are desperate to shift the blame for the smell from a local sewerage treatment place onto something else.

It's wonderful really - drive up the A45 to Northampton and as soon as you arrive at the outskirts you're greeted with the unmistakeable stink of shit.

"Welcome to Northampton. Yes, that's shit you can smell - it's so you don't get your hopes up"

Ridiculous :| These people should work for Apple!

rynnor

Rockhound

Kryten

Old Cow.
Well exactly - it still stinks :D

Plus most of the complaints made are from people in brick-made vehicles that dont actually move. Houses, I think they're called :D

rynnor

Rockhound
Well exactly - it still stinks :D

Plus most of the complaints made are from people in brick-made vehicles that dont actually move. Houses, I think they're called :D

Did the sewerage plant sneak up to them under the cover of darkness or something? Otherwise I dont see their issue - they could of course sue under the tort of nuisance if they think they really have a case...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The place looks like a dump so they are probably trying to add to the package.

Kryten

Old Cow.
I have no sympathy for those people at all really. The only problem I have are people trying to blame something next to unrelated for a problem they created themselves :D

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Cheer up, isn't Northampton a stone's throw from Peterborough and when the UK floods will be in the area of the new capital of the UK (at least, going by Peter F. Hamilton novels) :)

Yeh, ok, its late and I've had a few light refreshments.

Everz

FH is my second home
Not the great rotting smell of Wolverhampton though?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I'm going to Northampton next weekend, I'm hoping the smell of shit has cleared up by then.

rynnor

Rockhound
I always hated the stink of the brewery in Romford as a child - it reeked like incredibly strong manky teabags - sewage is pleasant by comparison.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It could well be caused by the Carlsberg brewery, I am not sure where the sewage plant is but I am fairly sure its not in or anywhere near the town centre but the brewery is.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Never smell anything from Carlsberg - go right past it 3 times a week. So that's alright.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
It could well be caused by the Carlsberg brewery, I am not sure where the sewage plant is but I am fairly sure its not in or anywhere near the town centre but the brewery is.

Breweries tend to smell a sort of "burnt-Weetabix" smell, not sewage, unless there's something seriously wrong (or its Budweiser).

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It's Carlsberg, probably the worlds worst beer. In all fairness it smells quite nice sometimes when you drive past, not as nice as real ale though, I brew my own.

Where I work we sometimes get the smell from the British Pepper and Spice factory/warehouse so if you are going to town you get the smell for spices and beer.

Fweddy

FH is my second home
The McVities factory in Carlisle always used to smell delicious.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
It's the same driving towards, Durham Tees airport near Yarm, everytime you drive up to this roundabout you look at your passenger and think have you shit yourself. Then you remember the place just stinks of shit!!

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
The breweries in Edinburgh smell of beef hulahoops.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I really don't know, I'm more a Glasgow guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom