noobi question

O

old.Delboy

How do you slow down the speed of weapon change via mousewheel?

Decrease sensitivity (In Q3 or Windows?)

Just wondered how you lot did it.

Thanks

W

Wazzerphuk

You can't change the speed in which your weapons switch: that would be utterly stupid.

To change your mouse sensitivity in quake, play around with the following settings: (at console)

/sensitivity - experiement with numbers, try and get a general feel right
/cl_MouseAccel - experiment with this - some people like it when using very low sensitivities, as it allows to keep accuracy when moving mouse slowly, but when moving the mouse quickly, it will accelerate depending on your own speed. Suggested numbers to try: 0.5, 1, 1.5 etc.

O

old.Delboy

It certainly would, maybe I need to rephrase the question.

Does any of this effect how the MOUSEWHEEL operates? That's the part I'm trying to change not the sensitivity of moving the mouse or the keys.

I'm finding the slightest nudge of the mousewheel flicks through my weapongroups too fast.

S

ShockingAlberto

Are you moving the mouse wheel several notches at a time? Just get used to moving it slowly :)

Or even better, stop using the mousewheel for scrolling through weapons!!11 It's ghey and crap!!!11 :D

O

old.Delboy

Yeah, someone else was saying that very thing.

The weapon switch setup I have at the moment is messy and slow and was looking for something else that I could get used to.

O

old.Delboy

Heh, and its usually me that goes on about ppl asking the same question.

Sar, I checked your reply to the thread previous. It's not what I'm asking.

C

Chameleon

nah u cant change that from within q3. control panel in windows lets u change the extent you scroll with one 'click' of the wheel, but id be surprised if it affected anything within q3. try getting used to having each wep on a seperate key, maybe by keeping your wheel set as it is, but also adding a new bind, one at a time, for a wep. if u use the standard awsd, try the q,e,r buttons for example, with comms on number and F keys if u already use em. you might have to swap binds about, but itll be better in the long run imho.

S

ShockingAlberto

awsd is so ghey :eek:

Give me qwe mouse2 anyday ;)

Oh, and so that i can't be accused of spamming, my weapons binds:

rox and rail: mouse side buttons
gren: c
lightening: v
gauntlet: 1
plasma: 2
shotteh: 3

I only really play 3W-Capturestrike, along with the odd game of CA or Instagib, so i have no need for the machine gun :)

S

Sar

Originally posted by Delboy
Sar, I checked your reply to the thread previous. It's not what I'm asking.

The weapon switch setup I have at the moment is messy and slow and was looking for something else that I could get used to.

Here was me thinking you were after something quick and neat.

?

O

old.Delboy

Aye, but sometimes through asking, what you thought you had in mind isnt ideal.

Looks like mousewheel sensitivity aint what I should be bothering about. No time tonight, probably end up leaving it till tomorrow and the weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom