Noob question

Platin

Fledgling Freddie
Warrior v Rogue, will it sort of be like daoc tank vs infi or daoc tank v merc ;P? I get the impression the rogues will be like daoc stealthers ofc but one can always hope it will be more than that :eek7:.

So what would you classify the rogues as, stealther or light tank ? Could they function in a WoW fg as primary dmg dealer etc.? I mean PvP wise

Toxx

Fledgling Freddie
I think they are a bit of both really...

They have the best sustained DPS in the game i think? So in that sense, they could act as a light tank in pvp or pve, just damage dealing along side a warrior tanking.

And they can solo with stealth, so a bit of both i think

AhoyHoy

Fledgling Freddie
Rogues are the main melee damage dealers. Think of possibly a pre-LA nerf shadowblade.

Shady-

Fledgling Freddie
In daoc unbuffed warr 2 shots buffed rogues...in wow rogue is like light tank,overdamages warr and has decent defense regarding to evasion ability.

sko

Loyal Freddie
Maybe this 5 mb clip of a lvl 33 Warrior vs level 36 Rogue will help you make up your mind:

http://home.online.no/~ariaune/WoW/clip/warr-vs-rogue.avi

But note that level 3x PvP is nothing like level 60 PvP. Aswell as the person who plays and what items they are using usually counts more than what class they are. Seriously, you won't believe how many plonkers there are out there.

Currently I'm level 34 with my Warrior. I've spent 5 minutes killing a level 28 Paladin, I had to kite and heal myself to stay a live. I have beaten a level 40 Paladin. I have beaten a level 42 Mage. I have been utterly raped by a level 33 Mage. Go figure..

Lucifa

Fledgling Freddie
The great thing about WoW is that it's nothing like DaoC :p
There's no rock, paper, scissors about it, each class is more than able to kill any other class (yes even paladins).
If a rogue encounters a mage, he might have a nice burst damage and get the mage down to 30% life, but then the mage will simply blink away as soon as possible, turn and cast polymorph and then run away or sit down and heal and then fight on his terms.
I've only fought a warrior twice solo, first time was in my late 20's and the guy enabled retaliation (I didn't know what it was at the time) and I very quickly killed myself. Second time was a duel with a friend of 1/2 level above me and I beat him with 9 health to spare and I think I popped evasion as well.
Warriors can be a hard fight for a rogue, due to plate and huge amounts of health.

Ashandar

Fledgling Freddie
Platin said:
Warrior v Rogue, will it sort of be like daoc tank vs infi or daoc tank v merc ;P? I get the impression the rogues will be like daoc stealthers ofc but one can always hope it will be more than that :eek7:.

So what would you classify the rogues as, stealther or light tank ? Could they function in a WoW fg as primary dmg dealer etc.? I mean PvP wise

Hmmmm your not looking for the FoTM char by any chance?? Well the good news is.. there really isnt one ! As stated, each class can kill another, a lot depends on the person playing and to some effect the build of your char! Not 'I win button' here Sorry :p

Shady-

Fledgling Freddie
The most annoying thing rogues have is chainstun imho ^^ Warrs can kill *good rogues* even without retaliation,but depends on situation and warr isnt stealther....i rerolled rogue and like it much more then warr :p

Platin

Fledgling Freddie
Ashandar said:
Hmmmm your not looking for the FoTM char by any chance?? Well the good news is.. there really isnt one ! As stated, each class can kill another, a lot depends on the person playing and to some effect the build of your char! Not 'I win button' here Sorry :p

Theres always a fotm char :twak:

Ashandar

Fledgling Freddie
Shady- said:
The most annoying thing rogues have is chainstun imho ^^ Warrs can kill *good rogues* even without retaliation,but depends on situation and warr isnt stealther....i rerolled rogue and like it much more then warr :p

Hmmm Warrs have Overpower, based off an evade, and as Rogues have a high evade rate, its mincemeat time :(

Shady-

Fledgling Freddie
sko said:
Maybe this 5 mb clip of a lvl 33 Warrior vs level 36 Rogue will help you make up your mind:

http://home.online.no/~ariaune/WoW/clip/warr-vs-rogue.avi

But note that level 3x PvP is nothing like level 60 PvP. Aswell as the person who plays and what items they are using usually counts more than what class they are. Seriously, you won't believe how many plonkers there are out there.

Currently I'm level 34 with my Warrior. I've spent 5 minutes killing a level 28 Paladin, I had to kite and heal myself to stay a live. I have beaten a level 40 Paladin. I have beaten a level 42 Mage. I have been utterly raped by a level 33 Mage. Go figure..

It isnt a secret that retaliation is the most effective against rogues coz they use fast weapons ;) It is the best ability IG imho BUT 30 mins timer ... Evasion on 5 min timer is more effective then retal on 30 imho.
If i speak about enemies i mean only best enemies ^^ I dont care about gimps.I can use all abilities/tactics of warr and try to do my best but still lose and nobody says i am worser player then the winner/played bad but i HATE to lose even if have disadventages compared to my oponent.If warr wins duel vs priest/shaman/mage it happens regarding to mistakes of shaman/priest/mage ;) CC and good kiting owns warr...
For example if i duel shaman who knows how to deal with warrs.....Duel starts and i get instasnared immidiatly.OK i turn on berserk stance and use Berserk rage.Shaman instashoks me for 6xx dmg (1,2k if crit),puts on the ground totems and runs on the medium distance so i cant hit him or use intercept.Ok finaly i snare him and start to hit BUT my hps are at 50%.Shaman uses windfury and shoks,if hps go down he can instaheal himself for 1-2k even with MS effect on.Do i have any chance? Yes i do but it's like 15% to win coz shaman cant play all the time perfectly + some kind of luck ...
If shaman is stupid,he starts to hit me with weps at the begining and when his hps go down he stops and starts to heal himself,then i win coz i do more dmg then his heals can heal ^^
Duel against priest(doesnt matter shadow or not,tactic is always the same,but shadow is stronger coz does more dmg).Priest dots me,puts shield on and runs away...i cant even snare him coz fucking shield.IF he fears me i use berserk rage(it purges fear) + intercept...but dots kill me faster then priest is oop coz i dont do enought of dmg.I win rej priest most of the time but never have more then 5% hps left.Shadow priest uses the same tactic and kills me with like 30% power left coz dots do double dmg :X
All classes can beat others but ONLY because enought of gimps at both sides...Some classes are better then others for sure.Every patch brings new changes.It shows that gamebalance is changing....there is no good balance yet and probably will never be,the same like in daoc.Stop to belive in stupid utopia ^^

Shady-

Fledgling Freddie
Ashandar said:
Hmmm Warrs have Overpower, based off an evade, and as Rogues have a high evade rate, its mincemeat time :(
yeh improved owerpower2 + overpower owns but it has short cooldown,cant spamm it as often as rogue evades.

Mokidio

Fledgling Freddie
guys just a tip... evade boost > retaliation, blind > retaliation it might be good against paladins but its not always insta win against rogues.

mts

Fledgling Freddie
Shady- said:
yeh improved owerpower2 + overpower owns but it has short cooldown,cant spamm it as often as rogue evades.

yeah.. but a warrior with a slow 2hander, being evaded alot and critting ~65% of the time on his insta overpower attacks is gonna hurt alot for the rogue. but thing is, a fight can swing both ways really.. all about the tools and how good the players utilize them

Bahumat

FH is my second home
it seems with wow you have 100 different ways of killing each other. what i mean is if your lucky/well played then you can beat anyone

even a well skilled player may make mistakes and if you capitalise on this you can win

with daoc if a merc uses dirty tricks then the other tank pretty much always loses. ok there are exceptions but its like that most the time

same if a reaver uses krojer's haste ring and does 3-4 levi's.

i think that in wow you have so many ways of beating someone it does matter on the skill and some luck of the players

mts

Fledgling Freddie
yeah thats mostly true, except for a few scenarios where a class will always lose to another class as long as the opponent is not asleep at the keyboard. a good example is warrior vs mage. fair enough, this game isn't designed to be balanced in duels, but in 95% of the fights a mage will always defeat a warrior. he's got so many tools of getting outta melee range (frost nova, mage shield, blink, poly etc) so the warrior simply can't do anything and will get nuked to death (charge & intercept won't help because the mage can easily counter this).

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Shady- said:
In daoc unbuffed warr 2 shots buffed rogues...in wow rogue is like light tank,overdamages warr and has decent defense regarding to evasion ability.

would like to see some evidence of that :D

a buffed rogue? like a hunter or a SB? woiuld have like 1800+hp :p

Whisperess

Can't get enough of FH
Platin said:
will it sort of be like daoc
To the above general quote ^ (not aimed at the poster in particular)

NO!

Stop viewing the game as if it was a daoc expansion, it isn't! What worked well in Daoc will probably not work at all in WoW, and vice versa.

Trust me, you'll enjoy WoW a million times more if you just forget that you've played Daoc at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom